ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI V2.0.2 Install problems for AIX Broker

MQSI V2.0.2 Install problems for AIX Broker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
artist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I install mqsi V2.0.2 (broker) on AIX everything works okay until the mqsi.neon.compat package is added. This overwrites the libbipodbc.a (and other) entry in /var/mqsi/lib with a link to a non-existance library /usr/lpp/neonsoft/lib/*.a

Does anyone know how this can be overcome or a contact number for someone who can help.
Galichet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I've installed MQSI V202 on an AIX and with the NEON components.
I had a look to the library your' talking about and I have the following value for the link:
libbipodbc.a
-> /usr/opt/mqsi/lib/libgenodbc.a

Your problem appears just after the installation or during configuration ?

artist
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mqsi.neon.compat MUST be installed before mqsi.base.runtime otherwise mqsi.neon.compat overwites objects in /var/mqsi/lib. It is still not clear in what order the other NEON packages should be applied.

Furthermore, the neon52 library mentioned does no exist on the CD - it is called neon. This has 2 sub-directories called extrabin and neonsoft which each have further sub-directories containing the various NEON packages. Each of the packages has 2 directories caontaining base and upgrade installations.

I cannot find any documentation in the readme files or in the manuals about these variouse software packages, so I installed them all. The only one mentioned is n6nrf52, but this does not include all the required pre-reqs.

Overall, I found the installation and migration very confusing. The instructions jump between 3 manuals and the readme file.

Was anyone else confused by the instructions? Would this be useful feedback to IBM?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI V2.0.2 Install problems for AIX Broker
Jump to: