ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Permissions were missing when switching the nodes in MSCS

MQ Permissions were missing when switching the nodes in MSCS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ashokt
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject: MQ Permissions were missing when switching the nodes in MSCS Reply with quote

Novice

Dear team,

Recently i've configured MQ in MSCS cluster in windows environment , but here i've configured users and groups in local level in both nodes and added permissions in single node , then all the applications and QMGRS were running in NODE1 . We recently switched the QMGR from node1 to node2 from failover manger ,Application running in node2 and getting issues permissions related, then i found that permissions were not added in node 2 . then i immediately respective permissions were added manually in node2. All these things happen in production environment.

here my problem is whenever QMGR objectes created newly i needs to add QMGR/QUEUES permissions in two nodes manually (which is very difficult everytime for me ) , after i google this issue and find the solution for needs to create the users and groups in domain level .

Now currently all applications running in production , if i create the users and groups in domain level and add the permissions in domain users and groups for qmgr level and queue level , is there any impact happens for productioin services ?

please advise.

Regards,
Ashok.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Which permissions? Did you get any error messages? If so, please post them here.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

If you grant MQ authorities to local groups or users on a MSCS Windows node, they will not be valid for the same local groups or uses on the other node in the cluster. This is because they have different SIDs, and MQ authorities use the SID, not the actual group or user name.

Either grant the permissions to the queue manager when it is running on each node, or use Active Directory groups or users.
ashokt
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Dear @gbaddeley

Thank you very much for the response, if i grant the permissions domain level without revoking existing local users and group QMGR,Queue level permissions , is it work properly without any issue ?, why because currently all were running in production environment.
ashokt
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

bruce2359 wrote:
Which permissions? Did you get any error messages? If so, please post them here.

Dear Bruce ,

Since all the permissions have been under local user and groups and when we did the switching from one node to another node , then existing permissions were removing automatically since those SID's were different as @gbaddeley told below ,

As verified in the logs it shows "2035 or not having required permissions", this time we manually used grant the permissions.

Thanks!
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

ashokt wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:

Dear Bruce ,

Since all the permissions have been under local user and groups and when we did the switching from one node to another node , then existing permissions were removing automatically since those SID's were different as @gbaddeley told below ,

As verified in the logs it shows "2035 or not having required permissions", this time we manually used grant the permissions.

Thanks!

The MQ authority records and SIDs are not removed, they remain stored in MQ's authority queue. You should be able to see records for the local mqm group etc. for both nodes. One of these will be shown as a SID, because the node can't resolve SIDs that only exist on the other node.

eg.
Code:

Object Profile Name                       Object Type Entity Name                                        Entity Type Authorisation List                                                                                                 
========================================= =========== ================================================== =========== ===================================================================================================================
SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE                Queue       S-1-5-21-9122744-1558073900-1550850067-442016@               3 Browse; Change; Clear; Delete; Display; Input; Inquire; Output; Pass All; Pass Identity; Set; Set All; Set Identity
SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE                Queue       mqm@MYHOSTNAME                                     Group       Browse; Change; Clear; Delete; Display; Input; Inquire; Output; Pass All; Pass Identity; Set; Set All; Set Identity

bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

ashokt wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:

Dear Bruce ,

Thanks!

When posting, when asking for help, please be precise and complete.

Permissions for what, exactly? Include messages from system and queue-manager logs, and from applications.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Permissions were missing when switching the nodes in MSCS
Jump to: