ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Requirements for MQ Advanced and MQ AMS for MQ on z/os V9.2

Requirements for MQ Advanced and MQ AMS for MQ on z/os V9.2 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Sean_Sage
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject: Requirements for MQ Advanced and MQ AMS for MQ on z/os V9.2 Reply with quote

Hi.
Customer is currently at MQ z/os V9.0, upgrading to V9.2. They have asked about MQ AMS, as they are interested in Encryption at Rest. I am having difficulty figuring out what I need to make that happen. The IBM doc is rather confusing.
The doc states that as of MQ z/os V9.1.3, there is no longer a separate product for MQ AMS (or MQ Managed File Transfer), but are part of the MQ Advanced products. It also states that MQ Advanced only gives entitlement to MFT and AMS. So, to enable MQ AMS in MQ V9.2, do I need to install ONLY MQ Advanced (5655-AV9) or do I need to install Base MQ for z/os (5655-MQ9) AND MQ Avanced for z/os (5655-AV9)? If the latter, do I need a separate license for each?

Thanks for any help.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Requirements for MQ Advanced and MQ AMS for MQ on z/os V Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Sean_Sage wrote:
Hi.
Customer is currently at MQ z/os V9.0, upgrading to V9.2. They have asked about MQ AMS, as they are interested in Encryption at Rest. I am having difficulty figuring out what I need to make that happen. The IBM doc is rather confusing.
The doc states that as of MQ z/os V9.1.3, there is no longer a separate product for MQ AMS (or MQ Managed File Transfer), but are part of the MQ Advanced products. It also states that MQ Advanced only gives entitlement to MFT and AMS. So, to enable MQ AMS in MQ V9.2, do I need to install ONLY MQ Advanced (5655-AV9) or do I need to install Base MQ for z/os (5655-MQ9) AND MQ Avanced for z/os (5655-AV9)? If the latter, do I need a separate license for each?

Thanks for any help.

Be aware that MQ Base is a subset of MQ Advanced. So if you install MQ Advanced you are in fact installing MQ Base + the Advanced modules like AMS, MFT, XR etc...

Hope this helps alleviating your confusion

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Requirements for MQ Advanced and MQ AMS for MQ on z/os V9.2
Jump to: