ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ Explorer + MS0P doing things on more messages than select

MQ Explorer + MS0P doing things on more messages than select « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
madmalkav
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject: MQ Explorer + MS0P doing things on more messages than select Reply with quote

Novice

As you know, with MQ Explorer plus the MS0P plugin you can browse a queue and then write selected messages to a file, show them, delete them...

I have detected a problem where it does these operations on more messages than the ones selected. I'm totally clueless about what can be causing this. Any suggestions?

PS: after further testing, seems to be related to certain messages. An application is having problems with these exact messages, so it seems something wrong in the message is affecting both the app and MQ Explorer, will try to figure out why.

PSS: seems this happened because there where several messages with the same messageid and correlid on the queue. Anyway I still find it curious and will keep investigating.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: MQ Explorer + MS0P doing things on more messages than se Reply with quote

Poobah

madmalkav wrote:
doing things
Please be precise. Doing what things exactly?

Multiple (duplicate) messages with the same MsgId or CorrelId, may be unusual, but is not a problem for MQ internals.
madmalkav
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I mean like writing selected messages to file or deleting them. And I’m aware IBM MQ can manage that, I’’m talking about MQ Explorer. In comparison, ig I try to write the same message to disk with dmpmqmsg using -r#1 , it only copies one message.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

-r #1 tells the utility to only copy one message

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ibm-mq/9.2?topic=systems-examples-using-dmpmqmsg-utility
madmalkav
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Specifically, it tells the utility to copy the first message. And when I tried to do the same thing with MQ Explorer and MS0P, selecting the first message on the queue, it would do it for several messages instead of only the first one like dmpmqmsg does.

I think it is doing for al the messages with the same MsgId, and that is clearly not what it was supposed to do: as you said several messages with the same MsgId is something possible in IBM MQ and MQ Explorer and MS0P should be dumping only the first message, not the first message and all other messages with same MsgId.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ Explorer + MS0P doing things on more messages than select
Jump to: