ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ 7107 : Log not available error when doing server reboot

MQ 7107 : Log not available error when doing server reboot « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: MQ 7107 : Log not available error when doing server reboot Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for all your support.

I am facing one issue while doing server reboot test as part of failover test in MQ environment, I am using MQ 9.1.0.7, MQ is installed on Linux 2 node cluster, we are conducting a MQ server reboot test, when we shutdown one node it should failover to other node, but MQ running fine without cluster managed (MQ log and QMgrs resources managed by cluster resource group), when server was rebooted and MQ was started using MQ start script we are getting MQ 7107 Log not available error, as this is new installation I deleted queue managers and created again, but when we do the same failover test again using Linux cluster it is throwing MQ 7107 log not available error, why it is getting error when MQ is managed by Linux cluster suite? I checked FDC I see only MQ 7107 error, log file and qmgr file permissions are fine, everything looks fine individually, why Log is damaged / Log not available / In accessible only using cluster managed resources? please suggest, your reply much helpful and appreciated.

Thanks.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Check your cluster setup. If you have the same mqm UID and GID on both servers, than something's wrong at the storage level!
Andyh
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I can't tell from your post if there are or are not any FDC's associated with this error. If there ARE FDC's associated with the error can you post the FDC header hear ?
If there were permissions errors on the recovery logs then I would expect FDC's.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Andyh and fjp_saper,

Thank you for your valueble time, I found the issue, while adding the configuration to other queue manager I added the wrong path, issue solved.

Thanks all.
Andyh
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

It's good that you've found the source of your issue, but it still sounds a little odd.
I'd have expected the qmgr data files (including qm.ini) and the qmgr lrecovery log to be in directories shared on both nodes, and so I'm surprised that the location of the recovery log would need to be manually configured.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ 7107 : Log not available error when doing server reboot
Jump to: