ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » Application dashboards with BMC Truesight (QPasa)

Application dashboards with BMC Truesight (QPasa) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jamesb
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Application dashboards with BMC Truesight (QPasa) Reply with quote

Novice

Any BMC Truesight users on here? We are using BMC Truesight Middleware and Transaction Monitor (TMTM), formerly QPasa, for general MQ infrastructure monitoring and alerting. We have a number of queue managers across a number of different Linux hardware clusters each with a BMC agent running on each active node.

What I'm now hoping to achieve is to set up a number of dashboards, one per application, and allow members of our application teams using MQ to logon and view their own particular team dashboard from the TMTM Monitor console with an ID we set up for each individual. These users would then logon and view a dashboard so they could see the queue depth, queue status per queue and possibly get/put rates, etc. Is it possible to only allow them to logon and see their own dashboard in a read-only mode? I don't particularly want them to see the hostnames and drill down to see a big list of queues, most of which are nothing to do with their application.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible and maybe the best way of going about it in TMTM? I am aware that I can carry out a check and email a report to the users, but I want to provide some kind of self-service to enable the users to check things for themselves without having to involve the MQ admin team.

Thanks, James.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Should be possible. Talk to your BMC true sight (qpasa) technical representative. They are usually quite responsive.
jamesb
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yeah, I will do if I can't get an informative reply on here. I was hoping to hear from other users who may have first hand experience and share their experiences on here and whether it was a suitable product for that kind of task.
Thanks, James.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

You want to build "Logical Views" so that on one screen you place all the relevant info. The lack of search in the TMTM console is a long open RFE from me - you click yourself to death in the product. Click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, what's that? Don't worry, just Peter working in TMTM.

Logical Views help. On the Default Tab, you should have 2 branches - Physical and Logical. You add your dashboards under Logical.
Not sure how to restrict certain users to certain logical views / dashboards.

Another way is setting up Group Tabs in addition to that Default Tab. You can control who can see a Group Tab. On the Group Tab you can add any physical views you want, but these will be the default physical view. So there will be some clicking, and it won't show everything on one screen, but a heck of a lot faster than clicking thru the main physical tree.
jamesb
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the reply Peter, I'll do some experiments with logical views. It may not be possible to restrict users to certain views, but that's not the end of the world for me if it can't be done.
James.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » Application dashboards with BMC Truesight (QPasa)
Jump to: