ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues

Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dakoroni
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello MQ Support forum users,

I have installed MQ Explorer v9.1.4 into Eclipse 2020-03 (4.15.0) on Windows client platform in order to connect and access a few target Windows based Queue Managers (mainly v7.5, v.

I have managed to connect to the specific queue managers, but when trying
retrieve the queues or channels or other objects listed under this queue manager, the search is endless and finally fails...
So, I am not able to see any object listed under the connected MQ manager.

Notice that the idea, is to run multiple instances of MQ explorer under my account and the same will be applied for a few other accounts, for administration purposes.
I have followed the article below: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/how-run-multiple-instances-mq-explorer-75-or-80

Btw, the article says that the above is NOT applicable to MQ v7.5 and later versions on Windows.

Do you think, that might be the reason for the failure?
Should I try the same on a Linux box?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers Nick.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

did you look at https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.explorer.doc/e_install_in_eclipse.htm. You need to have each user use a different workspace. Have fun
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Poobah

dakoroni wrote:
... and finally fails....

Fails how, exactly? Is an error message displayed? Any errors logged in the errors directory/folder?
dakoroni
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

I have followed exactly the steps in the article https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.explorer.doc/e_install_in_eclipse.htm,
and the MQ explorer has been installed successfully into Eclipse environment.

Notice: that the section related to the path is not applicable in my case, since there is no MQ deployement on the desktop client but just the MQ explorer ( so there are not any bin64 and java/lib64 directories..)

It also launches correctly as "Other perspective" and connects to specific Queue Managers, but it is not feasible to retrieve the list of queues or channels underneath those Queue Managers..
It tries for remarkable time and ends without any obvious error (endless hourglass)

FYI, the MQ explorer doesn't connect to other Queue Managers from other domains..But I can connect to them via RDP as member of local admin & mqm group.

Any advise will be much appreciated.
Cheers Nick.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dakoroni wrote:
I have followed exactly the steps in the article https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.explorer.doc/e_install_in_eclipse.htm,
and the MQ explorer has been installed successfully into Eclipse environment.

Notice: that the section related to the path is not applicable in my case, since there is no MQ deployement on the desktop client but just the MQ explorer ( so there are not any bin64 and java/lib64 directories..)

It also launches correctly as "Other perspective" and connects to specific Queue Managers, but it is not feasible to retrieve the list of queues or channels underneath those Queue Managers..
It tries for remarkable time and ends without any obvious error (endless hourglass)

FYI, the MQ explorer doesn't connect to other Queue Managers from other domains..But I can connect to them via RDP as member of local admin & mqm group.

Any advise will be much appreciated.
Cheers Nick.

Seems to me that at this point its all about permissions.
We successfully connect cross domain. You just have to submit the right credentials when connecting.
The same thing works for connecting inside the domain. You need to make sure that the user (and password) you're presenting has authorization and is not blocked by any of the chanel auth rules...
dakoroni
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

The user credentials and the associated mq authorities seems to be fine.
For instance, on the same desktop client, when running the MQ Explorer as a stand-alone application for testing, I am able to connect to queue managers from a couple of Windows domains, retrieving the list of queues, channels, listeners, etc., meaning that QM & Channel authorization rules work (MCA User ID, etc).
BUT when trying -on the same desktop client- to run MQ Explorer into Eclipse Environment, I am able to connect to the same queue managers (on the same domains), but I CAN NOT retrieve the list objects such as queues, channels, listeners, etc. It tries for some time (hourglass) and ends without error..
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dakoroni wrote:
The user credentials and the associated mq authorities seems to be fine.
For instance, on the same desktop client, when running the MQ Explorer as a stand-alone application for testing, I am able to connect to queue managers from a couple of Windows domains, retrieving the list of queues, channels, listeners, etc., meaning that QM & Channel authorization rules work (MCA User ID, etc).
BUT when trying -on the same desktop client- to run MQ Explorer into Eclipse Environment, I am able to connect to the same queue managers (on the same domains), but I CAN NOT retrieve the list objects such as queues, channels, listeners, etc. It tries for some time (hourglass) and ends without error..

You need to check with
Code:
dis chlauth(chanel name) type (all) match (runcheck) address('127.0.0.1') clntuser('the presented userid')

I would not be surprised if you had a chlauth rule that prevents you from accessing the qmgr. If you want to access the queue manager locally with a "bindings" connection, you will need to make sure that the corresponding libraries are in scope as specified in the doc. Did you look at the eclipse error logs? Do you have the java mq client libraries in scope?
Have fun
dakoroni
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

There aren't any eclipse error logs generated. Just metadata..
Also the java mq client libraries have been also reviewed (defined in the SYSTEM PATH as well).
I will further elaborate on DISPLAY CHLAUTH output for blockimg rules and perhaps I will open a ticket (PMR) if needed.

Thnks & Rgds, Nick.
markt
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Did you verify that the versions of Explorer and Eclipse were compatible?

There have been incompatibilities between Explorer and newer Eclipses - changes/deprecations in Eclipse APIs - which may have been resolved by now - but I know I saw similar issues about a year ago with whatever the "latest" Explorer and Eclipse versions were at the time.

If you want your own standalone Eclipse, then I'd try to use the same version as that packaged with MQ.
dakoroni
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

The MQ Explorer StandAlone Version is 9.1.4 and the embedded eclipse is:
v4.8.0 - Build id: l20180927-0403

The Eclipse (modeling) platform used to install the MQ Explorer is :
v4.15.0 - Build id: l20200305-0155

Looking into IBM MQ v9.1.4 system requirements (below) -> Supported Software -> Development Tools, there isn't any Eclipse reference:
https://www.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=3F22B7E0D2DF11E8A90C175D6F87BFB2&osPlatforms=Windows&duComponentIds=D004|S009|S015|S008|S005|S006|S007|A003|A014|A002|A001|C012|C013|C011&mandatoryCapIds=16&optionalCapIds=30|341|47|12|9|1|25|20|28|184|185|70|15|26#sw-4

From the Eclipse org side: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/ibm-mq-explorer-version-913

Cheers Nick.
dakoroni
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues Reply with quote

Acolyte

According to IBM article -> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.explorer.doc/e_minreq.htm
"IBM MQ Explorer is not supported on Eclipse platforms at a higher level than the one that it is built on. However, IBM MQ Explorer is backwards compatible with earlier levels of Eclipse than the one that it is built on"

So, the ecliple release gap might be the root cause of the probem.
I will install eclipse package v4.8 hoping to solve the problem.

Thanks for the advise,
Cheers Nick.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Running MQ Explorer into Eclispe issues
Jump to: