ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Odbc trace not working

Odbc trace not working « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vmanel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Odbc trace not working Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

We are trying to connect to SQL DB from IIB 10.0.0.16
We are able to ping the server and telnet to port of the DB server. But when we try to execute mqsicvp command or connect from flow, the command/flow takes long time(around 20 minutes) and then throws Socket closed error. So we thought of enabling ODBC trace to check the issue, so modified /var/mqsi/odbcinst.ini file which is set in ODBCINST environment variable, with below parameters.

[ODBC]
Trace=yes
TraceFile=/tmp/odbctrace.out
Threading=2

Restarted the EG/broker and executed command/flow, but the trace is not getting generated. /tmp has full permissions as well. Tried setting other options like TraceOptions,ForceTrace,TraceDll in the file, but still trace is not getting generated. Any idea why trace is not generated? Or what could be the reason for socket closed error. Because same configurations were working in lower environment, the issue is only in production and there is no difference in versions.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you made sure using telnet that a TCP connection between the IIB Server and the DB on the DB listener port is successful?
Sounds to me like a possible firewall or (asymetric) routing problem. Can the return communication reach you ?
vmanel
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

fjb_saper wrote:
Have you made sure using telnet that a TCP connection between the IIB Server and the DB on the DB listener port is successful?

Yes it is successful.
vmanel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

This is the first time I am trying to enable ODBC trace, I tried that for another flow with some other DB which is working and even there trace is not getting generated. So, can someone please tell what are the steps to generate ODBC trace in IIB 10, I tried whatever is mentioned in the documentation and that didnt work. What is it that I am doinh wrong?
mgk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

I suspect that what ever is stopping you accessing the database happens very early on before any calls that would cause ODBC trace to be written.
The last time I had a problem like this it was down to my windows firewall. I used a command like this to allow access to SQL Server from remote machines

Quote:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = SQLPort dir = in protocol = tcp action = allow localport = 1433 remoteip = localsubnet profile = DOMAIN

You may need to change it to fit your environment.
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Just to give a context: I have seen Oracle RAC database having multiple IP's such as SCAN, Physical and Virtual. Unless we whitelist each one of the IP's on port 1521, mqsicvp or message flow does not connect to Database.

Is there a similar situation here?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Odbc trace not working
Jump to: