ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » MQGem releases new product MQEV

MQGem releases new product MQEV « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: MQGem releases new product MQEV Reply with quote

Grand Master

MQGem Software is pleased to announce that it has just released a new product, MQEV, which makes processing Event, Accounting and Statistics messages a breeze. What's more the product is absolutely free to use for the first 6 months to enable you to verify that it is useful to you.

Many installations don't make full use of the Event, Accounting and Statistics messages that MQ can generate because the messages they generate are hard to analyse. This is a huge waste of valuable information which could be very useful in your planning or problem diagnosis tasks.

Have you ever asked yourself any of the following?
  • Did anything unusual happen with my Queue Manager over the weekend?
  • Is queue or channel XYZ still being used? ...and, if so, by who/what?
  • What type of MQ clients are using my Queue Manager? JMS ? C ? Java ? C++ ?
  • What version of MQ clients are connecting to my Queue Manager? Are any of the clients old and need updating?
  • What channels are being used and what is the relative split of persistent message traffic?
  • How efficient are my channels? What is the average batch size in use over time?
  • Are my channel exits efficient? What time is being spent in them?
  • How is my network performing? How does my network round-trip time vary over time?
  • How does the activity/depth of queue X vary over the day? What are my peak traffic times?
  • How does the activity/depth of queue X vary over the last 3 months? Am I seeing an increase of traffic?
  • Will my MQ infrastructure be able to cope with future demands?
  • Are my channels having to ever retry their puts to deliver messages?
  • Are any of my applications misbehaving? Do we see excessive amounts of failed MQI calls such as MQGETs, short connections, or are they opening/closing the queue for each message?
  • How is my processing speed varying over time? How long are messages languishing on queues?
  • Am I delivering on my Service Level Agreements (SLA) ?
  • Are my applications publishing to topics with no subscribers?
  • What is the maximum depth my queue has reached during a particular period?

These types of questions, and many more, are the type of questions you can answer if you have a history of your event, accounting and statistics messages. With MQEV all you need to have is a couple of queues on your Queue Manager - no need for an expensive and complicated database.

Read more and download the MQEV product from http://www.mqgem.com/mqev.html.

As always we are interested in any feedback you may have - good and bad.

Finally we would like to wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year,

MQGem Team.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

As you may know MQGem released a new product over the Christmas period, called MQEV, which allows the user to very simply catch and process MQ Event, Accounting and Statistics messages. The product is available free to use until the end of June to allow companies to evaluate the product.

Many of you have taken up the opportunity to evaluate the product and we appreciate the feedback we have received so far, most of it overwhelmingly positive.

Unfortunately though, as is often the case with new products, a bug has come to light which might mean that you need to restart your evaluation process. A new version of our MQEV has been made available and we recommend all users of MQEV to download and start using this version immediately.

The main reason for the new version is that it fixes a bug relating to codepages in the string dictionary used by the MQEV compression routines. If you have only used MQEV to catch and process MQ Events then you are unaffected by this bug. However, if you have used MQEV to catch and process Accounting and Statistics messages then we recommend that you delete your current data by purging the contents of the MQGEM.MQEV.DATA.QUEUE.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions about the change or would like further guidance then by all means contact us.

Read more and download the MQEV product from https://www.mqgem.com/mqev.html.

Best Regards,

MQGem Team.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » MQGem releases new product MQEV
Jump to: