ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update properties

Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update properties « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
seeram52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update properties Reply with quote

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate from IIB 9 to ACE 11.0.0.6 version. In IIB 9 we used the Integration API to update the additional instances for the message flow at run time. But in ACE11, all the classes and methods are depreciated . Can anyone let us know is there any functionality to update the message flow properties at run time.

I cannot use the policy as we have more than 300 flows running and different flows have diff additional instances, which is not feasible for us . mqsibarovveride command cannot use as it requires frequent redeployment of bar after changing the properties, so we used the Integration API to solve our problem as it will refresh the flow at run time by adding instances.

anyone faced similar issues for additional instances using the API?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...Workload management policy https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSTTDS_11.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/py00128_.htm seems to be standard way of changing properties at runtime in ACE 11. Even if you've got 300 flows assuming not all uses additional instances you could either create policy per message flow for the ones using additional instances or group policies for similar flows
seeram52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject: Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update properties Reply with quote

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestions. Even i cannot change the JVM properties for the intergration server using the mqsichangeproperties command. so in ACE 11 all the properties should be configured in server.conf.yaml file? i can see mqsichangeproperties was not allowed for 11.0.0.6 fix.

We are raising this to IBM to check if there is any future release with all existing features to be included.

Thanks for your support.
stky
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update proper Reply with quote

11.0.0.6 added a way to dynamically set UDP's over the REST API. This might help your issue, tho I agree, its not very novel.
sarasu
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Rest API to update UDPs at runtime Reply with quote

Master

All, I was referring to the below link, which is useful for Integration Rest API.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTTDS_11.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac00334_.htm?view=embed

Here you will get some useful info.
==============
We have tried updating the UDPs under 11.0.0.5, using the we are receiving the error as below.
======
\IBM\ACE\11.0.0.5>curl -X POST http://x.x.x.x:441x/apiv2/servers/Intserver/applications/TESTAPP/messageflows/TESTAPP/apply-global-udp-override?name=Queue_TEST&value=Queue_TEST01

'value' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
======

Is the Rest API to update UDPs at runtime, supports under ACE version 11.0.0.5 or 11.0.0.6 or both ?

Thanks in advance.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

This error:
Quote:
'value' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
is not an IIB error. It is a standard error reported by the Windows CLI when you get the syntax of a command line wrong.
Example:
Code:
C:\temp>ThisIsNotAValidCommand
'ThisIsNotAValidCommand' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

You need to enclose your URL in quotes to make it valid for the Windows CLI.
sarasu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks for your response. I have tried using "url", its not throwing the error but still no change under the UDP value.

C:\Users\admin>curl -X POST "http://ipaddress:4414/apiv2/servers/IntServer/applications/ExampleApp/messageflows/HTTPEcho1/apply-global-udp-override?name=TestUDP&value=dev"

No error found but still no luck.

After this, I tried to do a get on the HTTPEcho1, resulting the same UDP value as test instead of dev.

Output from GET:
C:\Users\admin>curl -X GET

","shortFileName":"HTTPEcho1.msgflow","size":2157,"version":""},"userDefinedProperties":{"TestUDP":"test"},"active":{"injectionMode"

please advise.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You did not say what the HTTP response code from the POST was. I'll assume that it was 200 (OK).

I don't have any explanation of what you're seeing, so I suggest that you repeat your tests on a new integration server (just to be sure that it is repeatable) and if it still does not work, open a ticket with IBM. If you do, take time to write your question clearly and supply your BAR file and command line outputs. You could even reference this thread in the ticket. That way, IBM will not need to come back with questions in order to understand your scenario.
sarasu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Sorry for not posting the response code. It was "Status: 404 Not Found" when I tried using Postman tool.

I just need a confirmation that whether version 11.0.0.5 is having the same Integration API to update the UDPs capability as 11.0.0.6 or not ?

Thanks
timber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If there is any difference between 11.0.0.5 and 11.0.0.6 then it should be listed in the 'What's new in 11.0.0.6' page in the Knowledge Center. Have you checked?
sarasu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Verified, lot of UDB related fixes added under 11.0.0.6.
But need to know whether this was working for anyone under version 11.0.0.5 or not ?

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration API in ACE11 not supporting to update properties
Jump to: