ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Request-Reply Cluster

Request-Reply Cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
soudhanya
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Request-Reply Cluster Reply with quote

Novice

Hi, we are using request reply pattern in cluster. We have 4 queue managers(GWQM1, GWQM2, MQ1, MQ2)
Request Flow:
Source Application puts a request message thru GWQM1 which sent to GWQM2, MQ1,MQ2.
We are storing original request in cluster Queue.
Backend Application:
BackEnd application reads the message from Request flow queue and generates response(here we are using Mqinput and MQ reply).
Reply Flow:

Append above flow response with original request send back to Source application.

here the challenging part is all queues are in cluster. I have to pull backend application response message and search for original request in all QM's with the correid.

I am planning to read one by one QM.. is there any other way to accomplish this requirement?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Request-Reply Cluster Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

soudhanya wrote:
I am planning to read one by one QM.. is there any other way to accomplish this requirement?

Yes.

The normal pattern is for the reply to be sent to the queue manager which originated the request (as identified in the MQMD) and hence has the original request to hand. This is certainly the default behavior of the MQReply node so I'm wondering how the question has come up.
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Request-Reply Cluster Reply with quote

Shaman

Vitor wrote:
soudhanya wrote:

Yes.

The normal pattern is for the reply to be sent to the queue manager which originated the request (as identified in the MQMD) and hence has the original request to hand. This is certainly the default behavior of the MQReply node so I'm wondering how the question has come up.

Messages in MQ are always addressed by

1. Target QMgr

2. Target queue

The only difference between (MQ-) clustered environments in comparison to non-clustered environments is, that in some situations the target QMgr is selected by MQ cluster mechanism.

Example:

When you put a message to a cluster queue without specifying the QMgr (which should be the "normal" situation), then MQ chooses the target QMgr following the cluster balancing rules.

When you specify the QMgr during putting the message (which is "normal" for replys), then MQ sends the message to this specified QMgr.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Request-Reply Cluster
Jump to: