ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ Cluster service not visible in the Add Resource

MQ Cluster service not visible in the Add Resource « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Biju
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: MQ Cluster service not visible in the Add Resource Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello All,

I am trying to setup a Queue Manager to be managed in a 4 node Windows 2016 - Failover Cluster.

I have followed the instructions provided in this URL: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q018010_.htm

In short
1. Installed IBM MQ 9.1.2.0 on all 4 Nodes. Service running as the same domain user on all the nodes.
2. Shared Drives are available on the nodes and are added as resource instance to the Roles.
3. Created a Queue Manager using:
crtmqm -lc -lp 10 -ls 15 -lf 16384 QM_HATEST
4. Started the QM to check if it could come up and operations are possible.
5. Shut down the QM after validation.
6. Moved the data and logs to shared drive using the below command. And then repeated step 5 and 6
hamvmqm /m QM_HATEST /dd "I:\IBM\MQ\Data" /ld "N:\IBM\MQ\log"
7. Registered the MQ dlls and libraries using the below command. This was run as administrator - Open command prompt as Administrator.
haregtyp /r
8. This command was executed successfully on one of the four servers and the other three servers showed the below when the command was executed on them:
"The IBM MQ resource is already registered."
9. All the four nodes were restarted.
10. Tried to configure the role as mentioned under section: "Windows Server 2012" from the above link.
11. The Resource as mentioned here is not visible: "Select the MQSeries MSCS resource on the "Select Resource Type" panel."
12. Validated the Registry entry for Cluster Resource Types under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Cluster->ResourceTypes->IBM MQSeries MSCS is present.

We have rebooted the server a couple of times and still cannot see the Resource Type. I am not sure how to proceed with this now. Could you help with this?

Thank you!!!
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

In Windows 2016 MSCS Failover Cluster Manager roles, "IBM MQSeries MSCS" is listed under > Add Resource > More Resources.
Biju
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for the response!

I should have been more specific to say that "IBM MQSeries MSCS" is not visible from this : Add Resource > More Resources.

Have you configured MQ in Windows 2016 Failover CLuster and able to see the IBM MQ service from that location? If yes I would like to know if you had to do any additional steps than the ones listed out above.

Regards.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

yes, before restarting the server, when registering the cluster, if it says already registered I unregistered and reregistered... then bounced the server
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Biju wrote:
Hello Glenn,
Thank you for the response!
I should have been more specific to say that "IBM MQSeries MSCS" is not visible from this : Add Resource > More Resources.
Have you configured MQ in Windows 2016 Failover CLuster and able to see the IBM MQ service from that location? If yes I would like to know if you had to do any additional steps than the ones listed out above.
Regards.

Yes. I actually did it this week! I followed the instructions at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q018010_.htm

I ran this on the active node:
haregtyp /r
and it displayed:
The IBM MQ resource and administration libraries have been successfully registered with MSCS.

I didn't do any reboots or run the cmd on any other nodes.
I completed the documented setup tasks and procedures in FOCM on the active node.
There were no errors.
Tested failover and failback, and the qmgr started correctly each time.
Biju
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello fjb_saper,

Thank you for that comment. I was able to register the service on the active Node successfully. The "Already Registered" message was on the other nodes. Also tried to unregister and then register back before restarting the servers.

Hello Glenn,

I followed the instructions from the same link. I have a PMR opened with IBM and they were able to recreate the issue as well. Waiting for a fix from IBM.

But if you were able to setup MQ 9.1.2.0 (Edited - sorry not 9.1.0.2) on Windows Server 2016 Standard failover cluster I wonder what could be wrong at our end of the configuration.

I will take another look at our configuration to identify any anomalies. Will post updates when I have any.

Regards.

Last edited by Biju on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Quote:
Use the haregtyp utility program to register IBM MQ as an MSCS resource type on all the cluster nodes. See Support for MSCS utility programs for additional information.
from the manual
Biju
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

The issue is due to be a bug with the MQ Version 9.1.2.0 and IBM is working on it, as per the PMR update. I was able to test the version 9.1.0 and 9.1.1 successfully, though.

Thank you ALL for your comments and suggestions.

Just for information:

Sometime the manuals are confusing. I registered the libraries and DLLs on one of the nodes of the cluster and the update was reflected on all other nodes with the registry updated (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Cluster->ResourceTypes->IBM MQSeries MSCS) and yes the failover of the QM worked between all the nodes.

Another example is from this link: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSTTDS_11.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/be13800_.htm

Quote:
4. To add this integration node instance to the other nodes in your cluster, switch your cluster to each node in turn. When a node is active, use the following mqsiaddbrokerinstance command.
mqsiaddbrokerinstance INODE -e E:\ACE\Workspace

This will give an error because the command expects more mandatory parameters:
Quote:
mqsiaddbrokerinstance --help
BIP8936W: Adds an integration node instance.
Syntax (for Microsoft Windows platforms):
mqsiaddbrokerinstance integrationNodeName -i serviceUserId -a servicePassword [-w workPath] -e sharedWorkPath

Regards!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ Cluster service not visible in the Add Resource
Jump to: