ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Define 1 or 2 Linklist & LLA or for 2 QMGRs on 1 LPAR zO

Define 1 or 2 Linklist & LLA or for 2 QMGRs on 1 LPAR zO « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
InTheLoop
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Define 1 or 2 Linklist & LLA or for 2 QMGRs on 1 LPAR zO Reply with quote

Hi All ,

Can anyone please advise me on this?i have been trying to get a proper answer but still not .

I am having 2 QMGR's Running on the same LPAR using 2 different sets of MQ datasets (HLQ)
Both QMGRS have been working with no issues with only a single set of MQ datasets defined in the linklist and LLA on the same LPAR
Datasets for both QMGRS have different names ,
My Question is it advisable or risky to define 2 linklist and LLA, one for each QMGR on the same LPAR ?

Thanks in advance
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Define 1 or 2 Linklist & LLA or for 2 QMGRs on 1 LPA Reply with quote

Poobah

InTheLoop wrote:
My Question is it advisable or risky to define 2 linklist and LLA, one for each QMGR on the same LPAR ?

You say everything is running fine, so why change anything?

LPA defines which libraries executables are to be part of the z/OS virtual image common area, and available to all address spaces.

MQ for z/OS "early code" needs to be in LPA. To run multiple MQ VRM's, the "early code" of the highest VRM needs to be in LPA.

Briefly, LINKLIST defines which libraries will be searched (and in which order) for executables if not found in JOBPACK, JOBLIB, STEPLIB searches. I would not recommend LINKLISTing MQ libraries. LLA is used to speed up searches (I/O involved) for frequently used objects, and will benefit MQ run-time.

For run-time and for maintenance purposes, the VRM-specific "other code" libraries are usually STEPLIB'd in the startup JCL for each qmgr.

See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q019120_.htm

In a single LPAR, there is only one z/OS image, one common area, one LPA, one LINKLIST, one LLA, one instance of early code. So, your question/concern about having separate instances of these for each qmgr makes little sense.

Did I misunderstand your question?

Last edited by bruce2359 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:47 am; edited 6 times in total
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to mainframe forum
InTheLoop
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply ,

You did not misunderstood my Question and actually provided a very valid point and a good explanation, why making a change while everything is running smooth , I will keep the system as it was designed , there is no valid reason for me to make any changes at this point .

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Define 1 or 2 Linklist & LLA or for 2 QMGRs on 1 LPAR zO
Jump to: