ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl?

What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cra1gl1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,

I'm playing with MQ clusters with 2 qmgrs.
I created CLUSRCVR on both qmgrs. And then created a CLUSSDR on 1st qmgr. And I noticed a auto-defined CLUSSDR on the 2nd qmgr too. I know this is how MQ clusters work, but what happens to this auto defined CLUSSDR if i define another CLUSSDR manually.
I did try it and noticed only 1 CLUSDR after manually defining it.
My question is, how to tell the diff b/w a manually defined CLUSSDR and auto-defined CLUSSDR?
How do I know if the displayed CLUSSDR is auto-defined instance or the one that I manually defined?

Thanks
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Read THIS for a very detailed explanation of how to determine the difference...
mvic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl? Reply with quote

Jedi

Search for: CLUSSDRA and CLUSSDRB
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

cra1gl1 wrote:
Hello

Hi - still [url=http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75315&highlight=[/url] working through the MQ docs I see.

cra1gl1 wrote:
I created CLUSRCVR on both qmgrs. And then created a CLUSSDR on 1st qmgr. And I noticed a auto-defined CLUSSDR on the 2nd qmgr too. I know this is how MQ clusters work, but what happens to this auto defined CLUSSDR if i define another CLUSSDR manually.

If it's to the other FR in the cluster, it probably disappears.

cra1gl1 wrote:
I did try it and noticed only 1 CLUSDR after manually defining it.

Told you.

cra1gl1 wrote:
My question is, how to tell the diff b/w a manually defined CLUSSDR and auto-defined CLUSSDR?

Each queue manager in a cluster should have a manually defined CLUSSDR. I think you're asking how you tell if the channel has been automatically defined, and those channels have a different type that you won't see in a cluster with only 2 queue managers (which must of course both be FRs.

cra1gl1 wrote:
How do I know if the displayed CLUSSDR is auto-defined instance or the one that I manually defined?

From the type that's being displayed.
cra1gl1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your replies.

While verifying the cluster objects, i noticed that all the channels(from dis chs(*) conname where(cluster eq cluster1) ) have the ip address in CONNAME field. but I defined all the manual channels with FQDN. (CONNAME('FQDN(PORT)')).

Question is, does the cluster automatically update this ip addresses on the auto-defined chls when any of the qmgr's IP address changes(but the hostname remains same).
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

cra1gl1 wrote:
i noticed that all the channels(from dis chs(*) conname where(cluster eq cluster1) ) have the ip address in CONNAME field. but I defined all the manual channels with FQDN. (CONNAME('FQDN(PORT)')).

Question is, does the cluster automatically update this ip addresses on the auto-defined chls when any of the qmgr's IP address changes(but the hostname remains same).

This is the usual behavior of channels (cluster and non-cluster) at channel attach time - if you don't specify an ipaddress in the CONNAME field, MQ software will attempt to resolve the name you do specify.
cra1gl1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
cra1gl1 wrote:
i noticed that all the channels(from dis chs(*) conname where(cluster eq cluster1) ) have the ip address in CONNAME field. but I defined all the manual channels with FQDN. (CONNAME('FQDN(PORT)')).

This is the usual behavior of channels (cluster and non-cluster) at channel attach time - if you don't specify an ipaddress in the CONNAME field, MQ software will attempt to resolve the name you do specify.

cool, thank you

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » What happens to a auto-defined clussdr chl?
Jump to: