ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Unable to connect to MFT Co-ordination Queue Manager

Unable to connect to MFT Co-ordination Queue Manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rammer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Unable to connect to MFT Co-ordination Queue Manager Reply with quote

Partisan

Environment
Windows 7
MQ 8.0.0.7

Ive configured one Queue Manager to be Command and Co-ordination Queue Manager on Laptop.

Commands I used are
fteSetupCoordination -coordinationQMgr QM6
fteSetupCommands -connectionQMgr QM6

IVe also created a Queue Manager 4 and 5 all on same server and created an agent on these using

tecreateagent -agentname QM4.AGENT.FTE1 -agentqmgr QM4
tecreateagent -agentname QM5.AGENT.FTE1 -agentqmgr QM5

The agents start fine.

In MQ Explorer I can add QM6 to the Managed File Transfer area but on choosing connect I get nothing.

Channels etc are all set up fine between the Queue Managers hence the Agents starting ok.

Nothing can be seen in any logs.

Output of Command.properties >
connectionQMgr=QM6

Outpiut of Coordination.properties
coordinationQMgr=QM6

Any clues anyone?

Thank you
tomleend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I would double check the plumbing between your queue managers (QM4, QM5 and QM6) including the channels and transmission queues in use. It sounds like messages aren't flowing between the agent queue managers to your coordination queue manager.
rammer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

tomleend wrote:
I would double check the plumbing between your queue managers (QM4, QM5 and QM6) including the channels and transmission queues in use. It sounds like messages aren't flowing between the agent queue managers to your coordination queue manager.

Hi - QM4, 5 are just normal queue managers with FTE Agents configured to use them. QM6 is the co--ordination and the command queue manager.

What is strange running jobs for FTE between agents on 4 and 5 work fine which to me means the plumbing should be ok otherwise I would have thought there were issues with running the agents etc.
When starting new jobs etc all the channels do automatically start...
but i will double check...
tomleend
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi.

So it's good that transfers are running okay between QM4 (used by one agent) and QM5 (used by another agent). But how about the channels etc between QM4 --> QM6 and QM5 --> QM6?

Agents do not connect directly to the coordination/command queue manager. They only connect to their configured agent queue manager so there needs to be a messaging route between the agent queue managers to the coordination/command queue manager.
rammer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

There totally fine and run without issue.

The issue I have though in MQ Explorer is that under the Managed File Transfer Tab I can not connect to QM6. it just wont connect no errors or anything so I am unable to use MQ Explorer for creating transfers, monitors etc. So even if comms between 6 and 4 and 6 and 5 were screwed as 6 is my MFT Manager for everything that should still connect.

I noticed issues on IBM but were fixed in fixpacks.

I do have it running on MQ 7.5 though just not 8 on my other machine

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Unable to connect to MFT Co-ordination Queue Manager
Jump to: