ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB V10 Node(broker) not working when Queue manager provided

IIB V10 Node(broker) not working when Queue manager provided « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sarath.g33
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: IIB V10 Node(broker) not working when Queue manager provided Reply with quote

Dear All,
I installed IIB v10 & MQ V7.0.1 in my machine, When I created NODE(broker) with out Queue manager, My integration node was creating and running.

When I provided/added Queue manger to NODE(broker), It was not working properly, In toolkit, the process of creating NODE is taking almost 5-10 minutes, But it was rolling back with this below error.

Quote:

BIP1919S: The integration node 'QM2' cannot be reached. Check that the integration node is running. The message was 'Failed to connect to broker'.

The utility encountered a problem while attempting to connect to the integration node.

Check that the integration node is running.

Check that,
1. The integration node is running.
2. The TCP/IP port of the queue manager is active if it is remote.
3. The integration node name provided in the connection details matches the name of the integration node if the node is remote.

Event viewer Message

( BRKR_QM2 ) Integration node ''BRKR_QM2'' has failed to connect to WebSphere MQ. The reason code is ''QM2''. No integration node components will be started until the queue manager becomes available.

During integration node ''BRKR_QM2'' startup, an attempt to connect to the queue manager failed with a reason code of ''QM2''. This will prevent any further integration node components from starting.

Ensure that the queue manager has started successfully. Investigate and resolve the WebSphere MQ queue manager problem.

From mqsilist command, I could see the NODE(Broker) is running, but when I verified in toolkit, Node was not running state. Please provide an clarification on this.

Quote:
C:\Program Files\IBM\IIB\10.0.0.0>mqsilist
BIP1284I: Integration node 'BRKR_QM2' on queue manager 'QM2' is running.

Note : Queue manager is running.

Regards,
Sarath
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Are you sure that MQ V7.0.1 is supported with IIB 10 as a direct connection
(broker creaded using -q option)

I'd not even consider anything less than MQ V7.5 for an IIB 10 setup.
I'd also apply the IIB 10.0.0.1 fixpack as well. There may well be some fixes in that that might solve your problem.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
sarath.g33
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smdavies99 wrote:
Are you sure that MQ V7.0.1 is supported with IIB 10 as a direct connection
(broker creaded using -q option)

I am not sure about MQ v7.0.1 supports or not.
Yes I created broker from command console with -q options, But no luck I had same result. Broker is not connected in toolkit. But in console it broker is in running status.

smdavies99 wrote:

I'd not even consider anything less than MQ V7.5 for an IIB 10 setup.
I'd also apply the IIB 10.0.0.1 fixpack as well. There may well be some fixes in that that might solve your problem.

Let me try to install MQ v7.5 and come back on my understanding.

Regards,
Sarath
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Go for MQ V8.0.0.3 with IIB 10.0.0.1
x22ips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,

do you have a solution?
I have the same problem, i have MQ Version 8.0.0.4 and IIB Integration Broker v10.

Many thanks
Craig B
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

For you to be getting the following error:

BIP1919S: The integration node 'QM2' cannot be reached. Check that the integration node is running. The message was 'Failed to connect to broker'.

suggests that the Toolkit has tried to establish a connection to a Broker called "QM2' rather than your actual broker name of "BRKR_QM2". The local connection code will not find a bipbroker process running called QM2 and so will return the error.

For local brokers the Toolkit will scan the local IIB registry and find all the V10 broker names. These names will then be used to try an establish connections to the brokers. So it is not clear to me why this would have picked up your queue manager name instead. The only way to determine this would be to see an Integration API trace from the Toolkit to see what is happening under the covers.
x22ips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

for me it is the broker name.

BIP1919S: The integration node 'Broker059' cannot be reached. Check that the integration node is running. The message was 'Failed to connect to broker'.

I think I have set all needed permissions.

The Integration bus web user interface runs with testing of different permissions (read+ / read+,write+,execute+) successfully.
Craig B
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

When you get the BIP1919 does it appear immediately or after some kind of timeout period? In terms of administration security the processing has not reached this type of checking yet. For local brokers a local connection will be established first through the Integration API. For local connections the Integration API will use a direct connection to the bipbroker process (NamedPipes on windows, UDS on Unix/Linux). For a BIP1919 to be received in this scenario this means that (a) the bipbroker process could not be found or (b) the bipbroker process has not started its "listeners" for the NamedPipes/UDS or (c) the 100 connection limit has been exceeded. For (c) You would see BIP2112 errors in the SYSLOG telling you the limit has been exceeded. For (b) you can issue the following command which should tell you if the local IAPI listener is running:

mqsireportproperties MQSI_BROKER -b agent -o DeployThreadManager -r

For a successful local connection to be established, the userid the Toolkit is running under needs the authority on the system to be able to establish the NamedComms or UDS connection.
x22ips
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,

thanks for your answer. How to set the authority to be able to establish the NamedComms or UDS connection?

Many thanks.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

x22ips wrote:
Hello,

thanks for your answer. How to set the authority to be able to establish the NamedComms or UDS connection?

Many thanks.

This is normally done by making the user that the broker runs under a member of the 'mqm' group (as well as the 'mqbrkrs' group).
Have you done this?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

fjb_saper wrote:
Go for MQ V8.0.0.3 with IIB 10.0.0.1

MQ 8.0.0.4 is a major level set in my view, it is the first version of the distributable client for one thing.

I would use MQ 8.0.0.4 or later.

I would use IIB 10.0.0.2 or later - there have been some APARs that seem pretty pervasive in effect on earlier versions.
x22ips
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,

the user is member of group mqm and mqbrkrs

Our IIB Version is actually iib-10.0.0.1 and MQ version 8.0.0.4.
Craig B
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

x22ips: If your user is a member of mqbrkrs and mqm then it should have the authority to create the connection from the Client API side to the Integration node. Have you issued the following command to ensure the local IAPI listener is running:

mqsireportproperties MQSI_BROKER -b agent -o DeployThreadManager -r

Have you checked for BIP2112E errors in the SYSLOG?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB V10 Node(broker) not working when Queue manager provided
Jump to: