ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ client connection channel is not closing

MQ client connection channel is not closing « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
depuk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: MQ client connection channel is not closing Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi
I am connecting to MQ server by using MQ client. MQ client is on windows and MQ server is on linux server and MQ client version is 7.5.02 and MQ server version is 7.5.0.5. I configured the DISCINT to the server connection channel to 300 sec but MQ client channel is not disconnecting after 300 sec and also i tried with ClientIdle in the configuration file.Please help me how to disconnect the unused client connection channels..Thanks in Advance
Gaya3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

are you getting any return codes from your MQ Client after executing the disconnect or connection close ,
Do Something Before you Die
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Gaya3 wrote:
are you getting any return codes from your MQ Client after executing the disconnect or connection close ,

I don't think he is disconnecting his clients. Hence looking for client idle...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If the client is sitting in GET WITH WAIT, it will not go idle.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Look at the source-code of the offending app. Does it (ever) issue an MQDISC? Or does it loop - forever waiting for a message to arrive?
depuk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your reply
Let me explain what i am doing .I am putting the msg from client environment(MQ client is installed here) by using apqsputc and kept it idele .I can see the connection of this client in my MQ server but it is not diconnecting after 300 secs.Please correct me if i am testing wrongly.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

When you start the amqsput or amqsputc program, it will wait for you to type the application data payload on STDIN. After typing the application data payload, press the ENTER key to cause the message to be put to the queue.

Press the ENTER key on a null line to end the program. As long as the program is executing (waiting for you to type the next message), the connection will remain active.
depuk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks bruce .I am facing problem with reaching to the maximum channels.what i observed is that most of the connections from application.They are connecting thrrough cleint connection channel.I think application team is not closing the connection after putting PAYLOADS. if i set the DISCINT interval to 300 to the server connection channel then is it fine or please suggest me what other changes i have to do.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

go kick the App Dev team (and keep on kicking) until they fix their applications.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Seems to me like in his test case, the client channel should end after 300 seconds.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q085520_.htm
Quote:

DISCINT(integer)

For SVRCONN channels using the TCP protocol, DISCINT has a different interpretation. It is the minimum time in seconds for which the SVRCONN instance remains active without any communication from its partner client. A value of zero disables this disconnect processing. The SVRCONN inactivity interval applies only between WebSphere MQ API calls from a client, so no client is disconnected during an extended MQGET with wait call. This attribute is ignored for SVRCONN channels using protocols other than TCP.

mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

PeterPotkay wrote:
Seems to me like in his test case, the client channel should end after 300 seconds.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q085520_.htm
Quote:
The SVRCONN inactivity interval applies only between WebSphere MQ API calls from a client, so no client is disconnected during an extended MQGET with wait call. This attribute is ignored for SVRCONN channels using protocols other than TCP.

Yes... So an application sitting in a GET with WAIT will not be disconnected.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
PeterPotkay wrote:

Quote:
The SVRCONN inactivity interval applies only between WebSphere MQ API calls from a client, so no client is disconnected during an extended MQGET with wait call. This attribute is ignored for SVRCONN channels using protocols other than TCP.

Yes... So an application sitting in a GET with WAIT will not be disconnected.

Except he is using amqsputc.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Quote:
This attribute is ignored for SVRCONN channels using protocols other than TCP.

This should read: This SVRCONN attribute (DISCINT) applies to TCP protocols only.
depuk
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your replies Peter,Jeff and bruce.I gone through the link provided. I didn't understand this point.Please explain me

The SVRCONN inactivity interval applies only between WebSphere MQ API calls from a client, so no client is disconnected during an extended MQGET with wait call

and i am using amqsputc to test my changes.Application team is not ready to make changes at thier side.Please confirm me is it fine with my changes.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Please execute the amqsputc program again. Post here the complete interaction between you and the shell (window).

When the channel hangs, do a DISPLAY CHSTATUS for the offending channel; and post the results here.

Last edited by bruce2359 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ client connection channel is not closing
Jump to: