ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Mapping failure after 9.0.0.2 fixpack upgrade

Mapping failure after 9.0.0.2 fixpack upgrade « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ajayrana
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Mapping failure after 9.0.0.2 fixpack upgrade Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,

We recently upgraded from 9.0.0.1 to 9.0.0.2 on one of our production servers. Strangely one of our message flow containing mapping node which selects from the database and maps it into a DFDL has started giving error.

The reason why I am so sure about this is because the two servers on production are running the same version of application from last 6 months. The flow is working perfectly on 9.0.0.1 but fails for 9.0.0.2.

Error:
Code:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>
BIP3113E: Exception detected in message flow ALSI (broker IB9NODE)
</faultstring>
<faultactor>http://localhost:7800/vplus/alsi</faultactor>
<detail>
<text>
Exception. BIP2230E: Error detected whilst processing a message in node 'ALSI.FROM_DB_2'. : /build/slot1/S900_P/src/DataFlowEngine/PluginInterface/ImbJniNode.cpp: 1304: ImbJniNode::evaluate: ComIbmMSLMappingNode: ALSI#FCMComposite_1_4 BIP2230E: Error detected whilst processing a message in node 'ALSI.HTTP Header'. : /build/slot1/S900_P/src/DataFlowEngine/PluginInterface/ImbJniNode.cpp: 1304: ImbJniNode::evaluate: ComIbmHTTPHeaderNode: ALSI#FCMComposite_1_6 BIP2230E: Error detected whilst processing a message in node 'ALSI.HTTP Reply'. : /build/slot1/S900_P/src/WebServices/WSLibrary/ImbWSReplyNode.cpp: 976: ImbWSReplyNode::evaluate: ComIbmWSReplyNode: ALSI#FCMComposite_1_5 BIP5832E: The DFDL serializer signalled that an error occurred when processing a DFDL schema. The message from the DFDL serializer is: 'CTDV1492E: CTDV1492E : When type is string and 'lengthKind' is 'implicit' and 'encoding' is a multi-byte character set, DFDL property 'lengthUnits' must be 'characters'. FILLER.' The element being serialized was: '/DFDL/{http://www.quantiguous.com/dfdl/vplus/ALSIFormat}:ALSI/body' : /build/slot1/S900_P/src/MTI/MTIforBroker/DfdlParser/ImbDFDLErrorHandler.cpp: 313: ImbDFDLErrorHandler::handleSerializerErrors: ComIbmWSInputNode: ALSI#FCMComposite_1_3
</text>
</detail>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Broker Details:
Code:

BIP8927I: Broker Name 'IB9NODE'
 Last mqsistart path  = '/opt/ibm/mqsi/9.0.0.2' 
 mqsiprofile install path  = '/opt/ibm/mqsi/9.0.0.2' 
 Work path = '/var/mqsi' 
 Broker UUID = '2682800e-b51a-11e3-a23f-7f0001010000' 
 Process id = '16020' 
 Queue Manager = 'IB9QMGR' 
 User lil path = '' 
 User exit path = '' 
 Active user exits = '' 
 LDAP principal = '' 
 LDAP credentials = '' 
 ICU converter path = '' 
 Trusted (fastpath) Queue Manager application = 'false' 
 Configuration change timeout = '300' seconds 
 Internal configuration timeout = '60' seconds 
 Statistics major interval = '60' minutes 
 Operation mode = 'developer' 
 Fixpack capability level = '9.0.0.2' (effective level '9.0.0.2') 
 Broker registry format = 'v9.0' 
 Administration security = 'inactive' 
 Multi-instance Broker = 'false' 
 Shared Work Path = 'none' 
 Start as WebSphere MQ Service = 'undefined' 
 HTTP listener port = '7080' 
 Cache manager policy = 'disabled' 
 Cache manager port range = '2800-2819' 
 Integration registry hostname = '' 

Since my local machine has also been upgraded to 9.0.0.2, i tried changing the fix pack capability back to 9.0.0.1 but it still gave me the same error.

For the time being i would be stopping the upgrade on the second server.

Anyone faced the same issue with recent upgrade ?

Thanks & Regards
Ajay Rana
jmac
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Are you sure you posted this to the correct Forum?

This doesn't sound like an MQWorkflow issue to me

Regards

John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Moved to broker forum.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Quote:

When type is string and 'lengthKind' is 'implicit' and 'encoding' is a multi-byte character set, DFDL property 'lengthUnits' must be 'characters'

What you may be seeing is a 'bug' that allowed the 9.0.0.1 Runtime to work. Then with 9.0.0.2 this was fixed.

The text is quite clear as to the problem.

Kimbert (who posts here regularly) has mentioned this many times over the years. If you use the Google box (upper right of the screen) and search for lengthUnits then you will see similar discussions.

You probably need to look at all the 'lenghtUnits' of the DFDL Model in question and make sure that they are correctly set.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
kimbert
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Yes - this is the result of a bug fix in 9.0.0.2.
That combination of properties simply does not make sense ( think about it for a minute, and you will see why ).

If you upgrade your toolkit to 9.0.0.2 then the DFDL editor will highlight the issues in the Problems view. That should make them easier to find and fix.
Don't assume that you need to edit the DFDL schema in many places to fix this. You may get 100s of errors, but one fix in the global format will deal with them all.

You probably just need to change 'Length Units' to 'characters' globally - but don't take my word for that.
ajayrana
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks a lot guys !!

Changing it to character works and i m able to simulate the same on my local.

But I don't see any warning in my toolkit's problem section.

And i see that the toolkit is on fix pack 9.0.0.2
Code:
IBM Integration Toolkit

Version: 9.0.0.2-IFix
Build id: 9.0.0.2-IFix-20140725-1507

The toolkit upgrade was done through the installation manager.

It will help us explain it to our client if we somehow manage to get the error/warning on the problem section.

Thanks & Regards
Ajay Rana

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Mapping failure after 9.0.0.2 fixpack upgrade
Jump to: