ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral DiscussionBorland Cpp and MqSeries

Borland Cpp and MqSeries View previous topic :: View next topic
bartbert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have developed an open systems (C++) MQSeries API that our company is using on various UNIX boxes (HP-UNIX and SUN SOLARIS). It is a DLL, a Shared Object (actually a group of Shared Objects) which various applications invoke. It is compiled with the HP aCC compiler and on the Sun with the Sun Workshop C++ 4.2. We have Queue Managers on the HP and Sun. On the NT we have MQSeries Client 5.1. On the NT we are required to use Borland C++ Builder5.
I am very comfortable on the Unix side (developing, compiling, linking, etc) using my API with Server headers. I am not well versed in Borland C++.
I want to invoke my MQSeries API on the NT as a client application. I know that once it is properly compiled and linked on the NT if I wanted to put to or get from one of the UNIX boxes I would have to set an environment variable at my workstation.
I.E. “set MQSERVER=NTCLIENT.QMGRNAME/TCP/##.##.##.## (it’s address)”
I don’t know how to compile and link my API using Borland.
I’ve made attempts such as using the command line BCC32
BCC32 I- pathtomyincludes;progra~1Borlandcbuilderinclude;progra~1mqseri~1toolscplusinclude;progra~1mqseri~1toolscinclude –opathtowhereI wantmy executablemyapp.exe pathtomysourcemyapp.cpp pathtomysourcemydll1.cpp pathtomysourcemydll2.cpp pathtomysourcemydll3.cpp

I’ve also tried building / making through the gui Borland C+ Builder5. I’ve added the MQSeries tools includes to the include path and I’ve run IMPLIB on mqic32.dll and imqc23vn.dll from the MQSeries bin to create mqic32.lib and imqc23vn.lib in the Borland lib. I added these two libs to the linkers libfiles. I’ve also tried running IMPDEF on mqic32 to make aliases of the MQSET and other methods without the leading ‘_’.
I am at a loss. Can someone help me.
1) Am I right in believing I should be able to compile and link my API on NT using Client Headers so I can run it (after setting my environment variable) and do puts and gets on various queues on Sun and HP?
2) Where can I find detailed descriptions on how do I do this using Borland C++?

Thanks for reading through my excessive verbiage and thanks for assisting me in this problem.

StefanSievert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi,
I never used the Borland compiler but I recently followed a thread on that subject that had the bottom line: Due to a different library format between MS and Borland, it's not easy to call the MQI from a Borland program.
Check out this link: http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=795&forum=6 or do a search on this forum yourself.
Here's another link that might help: http://www.bcbdev.com/articles/vcdll.htm

Hope that gives you an idea on where to start.
Cheers,
Stefan

[ This Message was edited by: StefanSievert on 2002-01-10 15:08 ]

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral DiscussionBorland Cpp and MqSeries
Jump to: