ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Setup on z/OS

MQ Setup on z/OS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
adarshkhanna
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: MQ Setup on z/OS Reply with quote

Hi,

I am working on a design for a real time mainframe integration platform which uses IBM MQ.

The transactions are initiated from a Host platform and are to be sent to a Fraud Detection product, all on mainframe.

The integration platform has 2 CICS TOR's (Terminal Owning Region) which route the transactions to Fraud detection product on multiple AOR's (Application Owning Region) using WLM load balancing. Each TOR has a CKTI (CICS Transaction Monitor) monitoring a shared Initiation Queue.

Requirement is to have the transactions from Host processed on each TOR of integration platform in a round robing fashion.

Please could someone help me with setup of IBM MQ.

Case 1 - Host platform and Fraud Detection product are on the same LPAR

Using a single Queue Manager with shared Initiation Queue, What should be the Trigger Type = EVERY or FIRST

My understanding is that FIRST will not work as the first message on the MQ will trigger the transaction in integration platform which would then keep the initiation queue open and continuously read messages of the MQ until it is empty, rendering the 2nd TOR with no work. Is this correct?

Also, if EVERY is used and if the transaction that was triggered fails, would a ROLLBACK put back the message back on MQ (along with the trigger) for other TOR to process?

There is also a requirement to stop triggering integration platform transaction if it is encountering errors. If I disable CKTI on CICS TOR's, it would stop triggering the transaction. On enabling CKTI, for Trigger Type = FIRST, there would be no trigger available and the integration platform transaction cannot be initiated. If I use Trigger Type = EVERY, all triggers will be available. Is my understanding correct?

Case 2 - Host platform and Fraud Detection product are on different LPAR

Using two Queue Managers, how different is it from Case 1

Thanks
Adarsh Khanna
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

MQ does not generally provide round-robin msg processing capability. It will deliver msgs to consumer apps based on availability and efficiency. MQ Clustering does provide round robin delivery of msgs to queues, but I don't think that's an immediate fit to you requirements, unless you have a qmgr for each tor.

As an alternative to using MQ triggering, how about having a long running consumer transaction on each tor? Both would be reading the shared queue and MQ would delivery msgs to both of the trans. Its much more efficient too.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Setup on z/OS
Jump to: