ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » z/OS issue with RACF/IMS sending response msg

z/OS issue with RACF/IMS sending response msg « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
w33f
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: z/OS issue with RACF/IMS sending response msg Reply with quote

Novice

Hi guys

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.. I have an MQ msg coming from a windows qmgr AUMQ001 into a z/OS IMS.OTMA queue on z/OS qmgr MQAA.

When IMS tries to reply to the msg, there's a RACF error coming up in the MQMSTR logs:

Code:

130               ACCESS INTENT(UPDATE )  ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE   )           
12.44.20 STC01242  ICH408I JOB(MQAAMSTR) STEP(MQAAMSTR) MQAA.AUQM001 CL(MQQUEUE
   218               INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY                             
   218               FROM MQAA.AUQM%%% (G)                                     
   218               ACCESS INTENT(UPDATE )  ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE   )           

This is strange as when I view the RACF profile MQAA.AUQM%%% it has the following permissions:

Code:

USER      ACCESS
----      ------
DRPMQQU   ALTER
IMSSTC    UPDATE
MQAUTH    ALTER
MQAACHIN  UPDATE
MQAAMSTR  UPDATE
MQSTC     UPDATE
CICSTRGN  UPDATE
CICSDFLT  UPDATE
IMSWRDR   UPDATE
IMSTRDR   UPDATE

I'll note that i've run the 'refresh security(*)' command several times with no luck. So not only does MQAAMSTR have UPDATE access to the queue it's complaining about, but also I'd expect the IMS userid (IMSTRDR) to be the one trying to access this queue profile given it's IMS sending the reply message?
MQsysprog
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I would suggest a verify on the connection setting :

Connection access control
− user ID of the WebSphere MQ queue manager address space must
be granted READ access to the OTMA group profile in the FACILITY
class (unless /sec OTMA NONE):
IMSXCF.xcfgname.mq xcfmname

And also a sec otma command, to see the security level settings of the bridge.

Please let me know how ends ...
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Is there more information on the end of the first line of the ich408i? It should contain the userid that racf is failing on.
w33f
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the replies Glenn and MQSysprog..

Glenn - the only thing on the end of that line is '533', there's no userid there.

Since last week the RACF guy has told me that this is occurring due to IMS passing an 'Undefined' user to RACF when it tries to reply and accesses the MQQUEUE RACF object. He proved this by adding the '*' User with Update access to the profile which returned the same error.

Chatting with the IMS guy now, he tells me they would expect to extract a field in the IMS/IIH header with the UserID, which they then pass to RACF.to do this authentication.

MQsysprog - I know very little about IMS but thanks for that info, I will pose those questions to the IMS guy and see if I have any luck
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

w33f wrote:
...Since last week the RACF guy has told me that this is occurring due to IMS passing an 'Undefined' user to RACF when it tries to reply and accesses the MQQUEUE RACF object. He proved this by adding the '*' User with Update access to the profile which returned the same error.

Chatting with the IMS guy now, he tells me they would expect to extract a field in the IMS/IIH header with the UserID, which they then pass to RACF.to do this authentication

If that's a Windows userid it is unlikely that the RACF guy would want to define it in RACF. I know very little about IMS / MQ bridge, its a fairly complex area. Google for "mq ims reply userid" turned up a few likely hits. It coud be security config issue.
w33f
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Fixed this by getting the application guys to add a 'UserIdentifier' parameter in the MQMD, then getting the RACF guy to add this UserIdentifier into the MQAA.AUQM%%% RACF profile.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

w33f wrote:
Fixed this by getting the application guys to add a 'UserIdentifier' parameter in the MQMD, then getting the RACF guy to add this UserIdentifier into the MQAA.AUQM%%% RACF profile.

Be aware that this is a security risk. Assuming the app has ALTUSR authority, the app could set the UserIdentifier in put messages to gain the MQ authority of any userid on the mainframe system. This can be used to penetrate MQ in several devious ways.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to Mainframe forum.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » z/OS issue with RACF/IMS sending response msg
Jump to: