ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Testing in Migration of mainframes

Testing in Migration of mainframes « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Lets assume you have QMGRA on MF1 that is to be migrated to MF2

For migration, i would create a copy of QMGRA on MF2.

I would also connect QMGRA-MF1 and QMGRA-MF2 so you can send messages over (into whatever direction) when required.

You can then migrate applications and / or MQ connections one by one, depending on your migration strategy and plan.

For example ... you have messages coming in from distributed QMGR and messages are consumed on the MF1... you can migrate the consuming application to MF2 while the connection from distributed is still on MF1, because you route the incoming messages from MF1 to MF2

However, this requires detailed investigation about the message flows, you must clearly identify message senders and consumers and still keep the message flow running, no matter in which stage of the migration you are.....

If migrating, take care of exits, batch procedures, triggering, security, ispf panels and utilities, archiving, job log archiving, system automation, monitoring, administration utilities, documentation, available system storage, cpu load, service time, maintenance windows, SLA's, .........
Northern Virginia Coder
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: awesome! Reply with quote

this is the type of thing I was looking for, I just needed some sort of reality check that I was thinking correctly

Thank you for your response!!!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Testing in Migration of mainframes
Jump to: