ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » transmission queue

transmission queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
harshatej1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: transmission queue Reply with quote

Acolyte

while altering/changing transmission queue, is it necessary to alter remote queue definition also....

i.e., defining a new transmission queue and altering channel name are not sufficient
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Does the remote queue definition explicitly reference the transmission queue? If so, how will it locate the new name?

If it does not, will the new name facilitate the correct name resolution for the remote object?

Do you plan to keep posting simplistic questions rather than actually figuring things out for yourself?

I don't think you've asked a question yet which isn't answered by the documentation (I assume you've located some documentation for your v5.3 version written on some stone tablets someplace) or isn't answered by 5 minutes of experimentation.
rachakonda_v
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Messages are not coming into Transmission Queue Reply with quote

Hello,

I was placing the message in the remote queue and message was not reaching to the destination, but channels and transmission was perfectly setup.

Messages are not visible in the queues.

I believe there is an option which was done long ago, if we select that option the messages will be come into the transmission queues.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Vamsi
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

congratulations, you invented invisible messages.

you should re-read and reflect how distributed queueing works.

RQ -> XMITQ -> CHANNEL -> Destination (simple construct)

Now, what happens if you change the XMITQ name? Which objects are related? Have you considered other aspects of tghe naming resolution, e.g. clustering, default xmitq, .... ?!? (if not, re-read that chapter too)
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I prefer to leave out the xmitq name in remote queue definitions - assuming there is a xmit queue which has the same name as the remote queue manager name.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

zpat wrote:
I prefer to leave out the xmitq name in remote queue definitions - assuming there is a xmit queue which has the same name as the remote queue manager name.

Agreed.

I tend to only define a specific xmit queue when there are multiple channels to the destination and I require certain messages to use one channel over another but that is fairly rare these days.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Messages are not coming into Transmission Queue Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rachakonda_v wrote:
I believe there is an option which was done long ago, if we select that option the messages will be come into the transmission queues.

I believe in the Easter Bunny. Doesn't mean there is an Easter Bunny.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

One programming point to bear in mind is - if the application opens a queue, specifiying a queue name and a queue manager name, and if that QM name is not the local QM - then MQ will automatically open the xmit queue (of the QM name) directly and place messages there.

Therefore remote queue definitions are not always needed, this model is often used when coding reply-to-qm name logic.
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

zpat wrote:

queuemangernames are subjected to change. i perfer to either specify the RQ full (using a xmitq that is more application related), or use application-specific qmgr alias in RQ instead of real qmgr names. however, every shop has its own conventions or best practises here.......

@Vitor - lol

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » transmission queue
Jump to: