ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Manager Initialization Process in Mainframe

MQ Manager Initialization Process in Mainframe « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
muthum_2000
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: MQ Manager Initialization Process in Mainframe Reply with quote

Voyager

Guys

Iam learning MQ on mainframes now. MQ on Zos is totally different from Unix/Linux/Windows.

I would like to know MQ Manager initialization process in mainframe which is not available in MQ Mainframe admin guide/infocenter as far as i searched.

I am aware that it does some checks in "SYS1.PROCLIB" & "SYS1.PARMLIB", some STEPLIB entries check,loading BSDS,Checking buffer value in CSQINP1 & CSQINP2, pagesets......so on...

But Iam not very clear about the sequential steps MQ undergo in bringing up the MQ Manager.Can someone explain me here about the clear sequential steps or it would be great if someone can provide me with the link which contains the required document please.

Thanks
Muthu.
MQ&MB Certified Administrator.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: MQ Manager Initialization Process in Mainframe Reply with quote

Poobah

Search google for 'WebSphere MQ for z/OS System Setup Guide'. This document describes how to install WMQ for z/OS.

Search google for 'WebSphere MQ for z/OS® System Administration Guide'. As the name implies, this document describes how to operate WMQ for z/OS.

You need to get some basic z/OS skills so you can understand z/OS terminology, z/OS utilities, z/OS data sets, TSO and ISPF, and more.
muthum_2000
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks Bruce
elkinsc
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: The books are no longer updated Reply with quote

Centurion

The WMQ for z/OS system set-up guide is within the InfoCenter now. Some configuration has been added with V7.1, to support SMDS.

The configuration doc begins here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/zc00130_.htm

Please also note that you need to look for WMQ for z/OS information in the V7.1 doc. The development lab deliberately removed much of the z/OS information from V7.5 InfoCenter because V7.5 is only for distributed.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Manager Initialization Process in Mainframe
Jump to: