ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IBM Integration Bus V9

IBM Integration Bus V9 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Esa wrote:
I suspected that if IBM produces something to help us parse EDIFACT messages, it is more likely going to be an MRM message set than DFDL schemas.

I suspect differently. I'd imagine IBM would put DFDL schemas in the open domain. Firstly, even if you use them with an open source DFDL parser it's a gateway to a more robust & enterprise ready DFDL, like IBM's. Secondly, DFDL is a Proposed Recommendation at the moment & needs 2 implementations to be Accepted; IBM's is one. The more DFDL schemas there are, the more likely someone other than IBM is to implement a DFDL parser and the more likely it is to become a recognised way of describing data, and the more likely people are to want an enterprise-level way of using it - see above. Thirdly, IBM have said publicly that all new message parsing functionality / development will go into DFDL not MRM. So it's a bit daft if they continue to lock WMB users into that domain.

(I am not an official spokesman for IBM, any IBM plan may be revised or amended at any time, no statement of intent made by IBM at any time constitutes a firm commitment to the stated activity, the value of your investment may go down as well as up and the mileage of any car varies according to a number of conditions).

Note for the nervous - IBM also made it clear that MRM is still a supported domain, there are no plans to remove MRM from IIB in any planned version, fixes will continue to be applied to MRM, MRM users have no reason to panic and everybody just needs to breathe. I've had 5 phone calls from various business units about this, and twice that from others who want to know if they need to migrate off WESB.

I don't even want to think about the **** who requested a testing environment for his "crash migration program from WESB to WMB. I think working weekends we can get it done by the end of June; can you keep WESB going until then or is that past IBM's hard end date????"

kimbert
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
IBM also made it clear that MRM is still a supported domain, there are no plans to remove MRM from IIB in any planned version, fixes will continue to be applied to MRM, MRM users have no reason to panic
Thanks Vitor.
This is true, and although my contributions to this forum are my own opinions and not those of IBM etc, I would like to make it clear that this is 100% correct. MRM is not deprecated, and there are no plans to withdraw support for MRM.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kimbert wrote:
This is true, and although my contributions to this forum are my own opinions and not those of IBM etc, I would like to make it clear that this is 100% correct. MRM is not deprecated, and there are no plans to withdraw support for MRM.

Just to underline again, when I said "IBM made it clear", IBM made it clear in an open session attended by witneses. This was not some comment in a bar someplace.
chicagozer
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Vitor"]
kimbert wrote:
Someone just needs to do it....

I took a crack at this. It was not too bad building the X12 v4010/v5010 DFDL schemas.

DFDL is pretty great. We'll probably wind up using it for SAP IDOCs too.

Jim
http://www.facebook.com/rheosoft
EricCox
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Good to know Reply with quote

Master

That is awesome that it was all spelled out at IMPACTS.

Too bad they don't take the people to IMPACTS who actually do the development and make the services work.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good to know Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

EricCox wrote:
That is awesome that it was all spelled out at IMPACTS.

Too bad they don't take the people to IMPACTS who actually do the development and make the services work.

spot on. Far too many companies think that these sort of events are nothing more than 'jollies' when they are actually pretty hard work.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I attended a user group event hosted by a vendor in Genoa, it was at a hotel called "Hotel Jolly".

Q.E.D.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Good to know Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

EricCox wrote:

Ouch.

I'm not sure who "they" are in this context, I admit that all 4 of my direct reports were there (my manager, mt manager's manager, etc), but speaking personally I spend my day job trying to make things work and still developing the odd line of code (some of which is very odd). A large number of other people attending operated in similar ways according to conversations I had.

So yes, there's a lot of jolly. But many of us were working. Don't paint us all with the same brush.

(And the IBM development people were working very hard. Public thanks to one poor victim who found himself in a room with all 5 of us discussing IIB.)
EricCox
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Same Rules for Everyone Reply with quote

Master

I guess I'm a little jaded. Others on our team have gotten formal training. Others have been given the privilege of attending IMPACTS.

On the other hand I get the projects that have the highest level of complexity. I get handed the projects that have new technology and programming languages I've never seen before. I get the projects where an IBM consultant said 'he could not get a single service to have an HTTP Input Node, build COBOL using MRM and transact to the mainframe'. I get the projects where there are no Proof of Concepts or models of features and functionality that have never been developed previously.

But I'm not a good candidate for training or participation in industry conferences.

I'm sorry if I sound jaded by the way I'm treated.

I am, however, very thankful to have a 'job'.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Same Rules for Everyone Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

EricCox wrote:
I'm sorry if I sound jaded by the way I'm treated.

It's tough all over, and I'm certain the other 4 tickets could have been profitable employed by other members of my team. But to be fair (as I try to be sometimes) even the management jollies yield useful contacts.
EricCox
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Bringing Back Goodies Reply with quote

Master

To be fair, they did attend alot of useful events and brought back alot of good presentations.

We had our Head of Integration Services and one of our lead Integration Services Delivery folks attend.

I'd like to go to one once in a lifetime. Maybe that will be when I can write my own ticket.

That was nice of you to take four team members. I hope you all had a nice time.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bringing Back Goodies Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

EricCox wrote:
I'd like to go to one once in a lifetime. Maybe that will be when I can write my own ticket.

I've done that before, and probably will need to next year.

EricCox wrote:
That was nice of you to take four team members. I hope you all had a nice time.

I would have preferred to take 4 team members. As it was I think the 4 managers took me. They needed a tame nerd to translate the technical stuff.
mqmatt
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So all being well you should see IBM Integration Bus V9 made available for download on Passport Advantage in the next few hours.

If you've not already seen it, here's my summary of what's new:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1306_lucas/1306_lucas.html

Enjoy!
pulaparty
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: sample development usecases for IIB v9.0 Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Everyone:

Are there any sample developer works articles or scenario labs available for IIB v9.0? I googled and could get hold of the following developerworks article.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1306_lucas/1306_lucas.html

I got access to the software using my company's partnerworld alliance. Would like to get my hands dirty with some examples.

Also, i would like to know if IIB v9.0 supports JCA adapters built in WESB? If yes, does that mean that we have a JVM running under the covers alongside the erstwhile WMB runtime (C/C++ implementation)? If not, would the adapters get translated into native binaries for IIB? Would i be able to develop new WESB applications in IIB or will only be able to migrate and run them for a gradual phase out. Where can i get more information about the product underlying runtime architecture?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: sample development usecases for IIB v9.0 Reply with quote

Grand Master

pulaparty wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Are there any sample developer works articles or scenario labs available for IIB v9.0? I googled and could get hold of the following developerworks article.

I got access to the software using my company's partnerworld alliance. Would like to get my hands dirty with some examples.

Also, i would like to know if IIB v9.0 supports JCA adapters built in WESB? If yes, does that mean that we have a JVM running under the covers alongside the erstwhile WMB runtime (C/C++ implementation)? If not, would the adapters get translated into native binaries for IIB? Would i be able to develop new WESB applications in IIB or will only be able to migrate and run them for a gradual phase out. Where can i get more information about the product underlying runtime architecture?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

There are already samples included with the product, a fairly extensive set. From the IIB Toolkit, choose the Help->Samples and Tutorials->IBM Integration Toolkit menu option. There's otherwise not a lot of material specific to IIB published as yet, since it came out on Friday... But there is also this.

There's already a JVM running as part of each Integration Server in an Integration Node. You don't need JCA Adapters for most functions, you would use the message flow nodes - some of which are actually JCA Adapters under the covers - for almost all connectivity function.

You won't use IIB Toolkit to develop WESB applications, just like you won't RAD to develop IIB applications. You can import WESB Project Interchanges into IIB Toolkit and perform migration. Presumably the IIB Info Center here will have extensive discussion once it's actually up and running.
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page 5 of 7

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IBM Integration Bus V9
Jump to: