ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » MQ Queue Manager-Globally coordinated transaction

MQ Queue Manager-Globally coordinated transaction « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rsk33
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: MQ Queue Manager-Globally coordinated transaction Reply with quote

Centurion

we have business service split into many services due to SOA (message flows) and some of them interact with another Queue manager,ejb, WAS, process server.we have gateway QM and clustered with QM1(broker1) and QM2(broker2).
Data power as a client connection put the message in to the clustered queue through Gateway QM and gets reply message from reply queue.

My question is for globally coordinated transaction.

since it is cluster Can i use QM1 and QM2 as XA transaction manager independently.what happens to the transaction if partly processed by QM1 and partly by QM2.
WAS, ejb services having access to data layer, can i consider both was/ejb and database as resource managers.
what is the configuration/setup should i consider for was/ejb as part of resource managers.

Reply is highly appreciated.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The only way a transaction could be partly handle by one queue manager and partly handled by another is if the transaction were partly contained in one MQ message and partly contained in another MQ message.

That's not really a transaction, then that's really two transactions.
rsk33
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks jeff for the response.
If i limit the split services to be processed in one QM by not sharing queues then the two QMs (QM1 and QM2) can be configured as two separate independent transaction coordinators.Also if i do not consider communicating with external queue manager then
1) can i configure database/was/ejb in both QM1, QM2 (TRANSACTION COORDINATORS) as transaction resource managers.
2) For WAS and ejb i understand J2ee TM is required and how i can configure them in MQ queue manager.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

rsk33 wrote:
Thanks jeff for the response.
If i limit the split services to be processed in one QM by not sharing queues then the two QMs (QM1 and QM2) can be configured as two separate independent transaction coordinators.Also if i do not consider communicating with external queue manager then
1) can i configure database/was/ejb in both QM1, QM2 (TRANSACTION COORDINATORS) as transaction resource managers.
2) For WAS and ejb i understand J2ee TM is required and how i can configure them in MQ queue manager.

NO.

That's not what I said.

What I said is that each MQ message is it's own transaction. The only way you could "split" the transaction, like you're worried about, is if you put it in two separate messages.

Why would you put it in two separate messages if you don't want it handled as two separate transactions?
rsk33
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

If explained correctly My requirement is

the clinet put message in SERVIC A request queue and waits for response in the clients reply queue.
let service A calls two independent services(message flows) B and C in sequence as we can only process C after B. once the service C successful it puts the message in the clients reply queue and if not successful it should roll back all the updates done by B and A and send error response to the clients reply queue.
Here Services A and B and C are configured with coordinated transaction.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

As you are expecting the reply from svc1 and svc2 before you can make a decision, you should really use compensating transactions in case of a "rollback", because at time of decision the transactions have already been committed.

Have fun
rsk33
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks saper for the response.

Then what is the use of the coordinated transaction property. In which context it is used. Apalogize if am asking silly question.
rsk33
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

After going trough the forum and info center, i understand coordinated transactions property is used in XA complaint transactions but not serve the multiple message flows transaction scenario and we need to use compensatory transaction for roll back.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » MQ Queue Manager-Globally coordinated transaction
Jump to: