ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Creating a UDN from an existing sub-flow.

Creating a UDN from an existing sub-flow. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Creating a UDN from an existing sub-flow. Reply with quote

Master

As described here, the step 2 (as described in Infocenter link) is to select the sub-flow, right-click to have it converted into a UDN. I don't see that option in my right-click. I am able to do step 1.

When I start with creating a UDN project first, and select the option as 'Implemented as a sub-flow', a default message flow (.msgflow file) opens up.

Therefore, in step 2 (mentioned in first para above), I first converted the sub-flow into a message flow and then - voila! - I am able to create a UDN.

What is wrong ?
---Sherlock Holmes
kash3338
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Did you go through this link? I guess this is what applies in your case.
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Your link is about a sub-flow from scratch. Whereas, my case is about using an existing (in a library) sub-flow.
---Sherlock Holmes
kash3338
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Oops!! Sorry, probably I did not read your subject line properly!!! Hope you have taken care of all the limitations mentioned here.

But not sure on why the option itself is not shown on your right-click. May be someone else have also come across the same issue??
kash3338
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Oops!! Sorry, probably I did not read your subject line properly!!! Hope you have taken care of all the limitations mentioned here.

But not sure on why the option itself is not shown on your right-click. May be someone else have also come across the same issue??
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

But not sure on why the option itself is not shown on your right-click. May be someone else have also come across the same issue??[/quote]
And, the first bullet in that link says, what I want cannot be done. Thanks !

Quote:
You cannot use user-defined nodes that are created from subflows in subflows that are defined in .subflow files.

It is a bit mis-leading though. When the UDN project provides you an option as 'implemented as a sub-flow', it gives an impression that a .subflow would work.
---Sherlock Holmes
kash3338
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Cogito-Ergo-Sum wrote:
And, the first bullet in that link says, what I want cannot be done. Thanks !

I dont think that is your problem. You have problems in creating a UDN and this point below is about its usage.

Quote:
You cannot use user-defined nodes that are created from subflows in subflows that are defined in .subflow files.

It just says, the UDN created from a Sub-Flow cannot be used in any sub-flow, but has to be used in the main flow.

But your problem as mentioned in your initial post is in creating the UDN from a existing sub-flow.

Guess they are different!!!!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I strongly suspect that this behavior is different in 8.0.0.0 than it is in 8.0.0.2.

I strongly suspect that the best thing is to only use a .msgflow for now.

I strongly suspect that the only reason for trying to build a UDN from a subflow in this case is to avoid having to redeploy an entire application when there is a change in a library that is being used by that application.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Creating a UDN from an existing sub-flow.
Jump to: