ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » mySAP.com adapter issue relating to Java Heap size

mySAP.com adapter issue relating to Java Heap size « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smeunier
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: mySAP.com adapter issue relating to Java Heap size Reply with quote

Partisan

My customer has an instance of the mySap.com adapter running. the adapter is:

mySap.com V6.0.9
Adapter frameWork 2.0.6.11

Running on:
AIX 6.1

Java

The adapter invocation is currently configure to: -Xms512m -Xmx1536m
The configuration works just fine. the customer in anticipation of larger IDOCS that have created "OutofMemory" condition in the past, requested that the memory ceiling be increased above 1536m. While this was not recommended due to possible performance issues with garbage collection and not a full understanding of current heap usage, the change was implemented regardless.

What resulted, was unexpected. The adapter attempted to start and appeared to get by intial Java heap allocations, but failed with an MQ 2059 error when trying to create the JMS Connection Factory and failed the increas was to a modest amount 1536m to 1792m. I beleive that when the MQ connection was requested that addtional memory for the JMS Connection factory was needed and could not be allocated.

I need to understand why the heap size could not be increased and more importantly why the MQ failure occured. What compounds this, is that in the development environment, heap size could be increased to 2.5g with no issues. Production is where it failed. So apparently there is a difference in environment that caused this. I checked the id under which the adapter was running on both system for it ULIMITS and they are identical.

Has anyone run into this, have suggestions on what to look for to determine the the success/failure in development/production? Any hints, clues, suggestions would be most welcome.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » mySAP.com adapter issue relating to Java Heap size
Jump to: