ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group

Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

I am unable to deploy the bar file in execution group. I am getting with the below error

BIP1510E: Deployment failed; a deployment is already in progress to broker 'XXXXXXXX'.

A request was issued for the Configuration Manager to deploy to broker 'XXXXXXX'. This request cannot be processed because the Configuration Manager has not yet received a response to a previous deployment request submitted to that broker. To ensure that the deployed configuration is consistent with the reported configuration, the more recent deployment request has been discarded.
If you are deploying the publish/subscribe topology or topic hierarchy, no brokers in the domain will have received the new deployment message. There can be no outstanding deployments in the domain before deployment of such a configuration can occur.

Wait for the outstanding deployment to complete before retrying the operation. Check the Event Log editor or Configuration Manager Proxy to verify that all responses to the outstanding deployment have been received and processed.
If the outstanding deployment request does not complete in a suitable period of time, check that all brokers exist and are running, all WebSphere MQ queue managers are running, and all channels between queue managers are started. Check that deployment messages have been correctly delivered to the target brokers, and have not been put to the dead letter queue. Correct all problems that you find.
If, following these actions, the deployment does not complete, cancel the deploy operation by using one of the following methods:
1. Right-click the broker in the workbench and then selecting the 'Cancel Deployment' option, or 2. Run the mqsideploy command with the -c option, or
3. Include the BrokerProxy.cancelDeployment() method in a Configuration Manager Proxy application.
If you cancel the deployment operation, the cancelation does not stop the deployment message from being processed by the broker. It forces the Configuration Manager to remove any outstanding deployment locks that might be associated with the broker. If a broker subsequently processes a deployment message that you have canceled in this way, the deployed configuration might become inconsistent with the reported configuration.

Even though I tried the above steps no positive response. Can anyone please help me.

Regards,
Venkat
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqmblife wrote:
Can anyone please help me.

Stop the running version of the flow you're trying to deploy. It's either hanging or running so slowly it doesn't finish before the deploy times out.
mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

Stop the running version of the flow you're trying to deploy. It's either hanging or running so slowly it doesn't finish before the deploy times out.

Yes I have used the Cancel Deployment option and canceled the deployment and tried again. Still having the same issue.

Regards,
Venkat
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqmblife wrote:
Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

Yes I have used the Cancel Deployment option and canceled the deployment and tried again. Still having the same issue.

Cancel deployment was not what was recommended.

STOP the flow.

If the flow does not STOP, then you need to STOP the EG, and restart it, and make sure the flow will then STOP.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:

STOP the flow.

mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

mqjeff wrote:
mqmblife wrote:
Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

STOP the flow.

If the flow does not STOP, then you need to STOP the EG, and restart it, and make sure the flow will then STOP.

FYI.. I don't have any message flows in execution group.
Version I am using is 6.1. I don't find any option like STOP and START the message flows in execution group.
I am connected to configuration manager that is remote.

Regards
Venkat
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqmblife wrote:

Then delete and recreate the execution group - it's hosed.

And you might have mentioned up front the EG was empty.

mqmblife wrote:
Version I am using is 6.1. I don't find any option like STOP and START the message flows in execution group.

With no flows in the group, you wouldn't.

mqmblife wrote:
I am connected to configuration manager that is remote.

Typically you are. It doesn't make a difference.
mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

Then delete and recreate the execution group - it's hosed.

And you might have mentioned up front the EG was empty.

I tried deleting the execution group. I am getting the below error:
BIP1044I: Connecting to the Configuration Manager's queue manager...
BIP1045I: Connecting to the Configuration Manager...
BIP1047E: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the Configuration Manager.

The utility did not receive an expected message from the Configuration Manager within a reasonable amount of time. The cause is described as: Configuration Manager not running

Ensure that the Configuration Manager is running and that the correct connection parameters have been supplied to the utility. Use the -w flag to increase the amount of time to wait for responses.

How to check if the configuration manager is running. Please help me.

Regards,
Venkat
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqmblife wrote:
How to check if the configuration manager is running.

Look on the box it runs on, or ask whoever administers that box to look.

This is a different problem to the one you originally posted, where the error was reported by the config manager because the broker didn't respond.

I think you have generalised stability issues in your environment.
mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:
How to check if the configuration manager is running.

Look on the box it runs on, or ask whoever administers that box to look.

Is there any way that we can check in the box where it is running. If so please help me how can i check for that.

Vitor wrote:
I think you have generalised stability issues in your environment.

Yes you are right... We have some issues with the configuration manager only.

Regards,
Venkat
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqmblife wrote:
Is there any way that we can check in the box where it is running.

How can you check any process or application is running on a remote box?

You could see if it's the network rather than the config mgr.

mqmblife wrote:
Yes you are right... We have some issues with the configuration manager only.

If it's only the config mgr, why did your original post describe the broker not responding?

You need to troubleshoot your problem. This involves more than just posting "please help me" here.

Last edited by Vitor on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
mqmblife
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

How can you check [i]any]/i] process or application is running on a remote box?

I have access to the box where the broker is installed.

Regards,
Venkat
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqmblife wrote:
Vitor wrote:
mqmblife wrote:

How can you check [i]any]/i] process or application is running on a remote box?

I have access to the box where the broker is installed.

Then you can proceed to troubleshoot your own issue.
WGerstma
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Some additional words:
You may apply mqsi-commands to stop and start the config manager and broker. If you are on a Windows machine you can also try to restart the services, otherwise you may kill processes if anthing else fails.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to Deploy a Bar file in Execution group
Jump to: