ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.0.2 compute node

MQSI 2.0.2 compute node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Damien
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a JMS application that puts a message on a queue and then waits for the response. The MQSI broker that receives the message queries a database and then uses an MQReply node to respond with another message. The database query is done using a compute node which works fine. The problem is that the JMS application that receives the response doesn't recognise the message as a jms message.

The reason for this is that the response message specifies in the MQRFH2 header what type of messge it is, specifically in the mcd folder under the key msd. When the message is sent from the client application the msd key has a value of jms_text but when it comes back it has the value of xml. After further research I've found that the compute node changes the value of this key/value pair, even though the compute node is suppose to copy the headers. Before the message enters the input node it has the correct value in the header, after it is wrong. I've even specifically tried to set this value within the compute node but it always comes out as xml.

The message type is XML and the input node specifies this as the domain. I don't see why this would be a problem and if I understand the documentation correctly it is required for XML messages.

Has anybody experienced this before and more importantly, does anybody have a solution? Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Damien
kolban
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Damien, would it be possible to show extracts of the message using an MQSI Trace node prior to the Compute node and subsequent to the Compute node? Also, can we see the ESQL that is contained within the Compute node. It is not 100% clear what is going on even though your description is excellent.
granthmuk
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

As posted on the Vienna listserv.-->>

OK found something that works. Use a Reset Content Descriptor node and reset
the Message Domain to jms_text (not one of the drop down values but you can
type this in entry field also select the reset message domain checkbox). I
am now getting a message with RFH2 and mcd.Msd = jms_text.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.0.2 compute node
Jump to: