ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » using SSL throwing error 2539

using SSL throwing error 2539 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gyanibaba wrote:
in that case, where you have mentioned the chennel name? since client channel definition may have multiple channels. In my case, there are both secured and non-secured channel. One is using SSL and other doesn't. So how my application program will select secured channel ?

- why would your application sometimes use SSL & sometimes not? Are the messages it sends only secret on alternate days?

- the CCDT contains all the connection details & is selected by the application
gyanibaba
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

forget it

Last edited by gyanibaba on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gyanibaba wrote:
Non-secure channel has been provided for testing purpose only.

My application has to use SSL channel only.

Then why, exactly, are you trying to explicitly select a channel? Connect to the queue manager in the usual way with MQCONN. In test it'll use the non-secure channel, in other places it'll use the secure channel.

Sorted.
gyanibaba
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Grand,

In my company, there is one single MQ server serving multiple projects. Some projects are internal to the company who are using non-secure channels. The project, in which i am working has to use secure channel. MQ server support is being managed by some other vendored. I can't tell them to delete non-secured channel. Please try to understand that i have to use MQCONNX only. By looking on definions of channels posted earlier, can you please checkout, if i am missing some parameters in call of MQCONNX ?

Thanks and regards
Gyan
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gyanibaba wrote:
In my company, there is one single MQ server serving multiple projects.

Which I bet doesn't have one single queue manager on it that is used for both dev and prod. If it is, this other vendor has some very interesting views on security and uptime. More likely each project has a queue manager(s) with dev & prod versions. The dev queue managers use unsecured channels, the prod ones use SSL secured channels. Very much standard. Hence you select which queue manager you're using by whatever means you use to determine if you're running in a dev or prod environment and off you go.

gyanibaba wrote:
Please try to understand that i have to use MQCONNX only.

No, I don't understand that. There's no reason for it and as I've said before I've never found need to. Indeed in cases where I've been the WMQ admin I've banned it's use by developers because it's a pain.

gyanibaba wrote:
By looking on definions of channels posted earlier, can you please checkout, if i am missing some parameters in call of MQCONNX ?

Looking at the links you provided, I don't think MQCONNX is going to do this for you. According to those the SSL parameters are ignored for early version of the call which seems to be what's in use here.

My best advice is speak to some of the other developers at your site & see how they're managing in this environment.
gyanibaba
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Grand,
Sorry i couldn't reply yesterday as i was not well.
Today i will try to use MQCONN only, but before that i thing came into my mind. When i contacted infrastructure team here, told me that they not really installed MQ Client on my machine. They have simply copied libraries and headers on this machine under /opt/mqm directory which they have taken from MQ Server Machine. Is it necessary to install MQ Client software or copying libraries and headers will be ok. They are telling that installing MQ Client will add huge cost due to license fees.

Thanks and regards
Gyan
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gyanibaba wrote:
Is it necessary to install MQ Client software or copying libraries and headers will be ok.

It's necessary to install the client. It's possible (as per some previous discussions on this forum) to get away with jar files for Java but recommended practice is to install the client.

Because:

gyanibaba wrote:
They are telling that installing MQ Client will add huge cost due to license fees.

This is complete rubbish. The standard MQClient is not subject to licensing and is a free download from the IBM site.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » using SSL throwing error 2539
Jump to: