ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Flow is not running. But msg processing

Flow is not running. But msg processing « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
asudhakar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi 2 All,

Im facing an un - common situation. One of the flow in my execution group is not running. But when i put message it is processing.

I removed the flow from execution group but still message is processing.

I think previous flow processes is running.

Can any one suggest me. how to find the previous flows process id's or information which are not existed in broker - execution group.

Solaris 9, MB 6.0 is my environment.

Thanks in Advance.
Vitor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

asudhakar wrote:
Can any one suggest me. how to find the previous flows process id's or information which are not existed in broker - execution group.

Display the queue; it will give you the pid of the process(es) which have the queue open for input.
asudhakar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Centurion

Vitor wrote:
asudhakar wrote:

Display the queue; it will give you the pid of the process(es) which have the queue open for input.

Thanks Vitor,

Process id belongs to solaris. By this id we can say dataflow engine is using the flow.

But here the issue is even we stop the flow, message is processing.

I think, in database db2 have some reference for the old message flow.

Could I Know wat is the table in db2, which maintain the flows infor.. so if i remove the reference problem may solve...

Thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

asudhakar wrote:
Process id belongs to solaris. By this id we can say dataflow engine is using the flow.

How? If that was the case the process id would be the the dataflow engine. And "Solaris" is not a single executable; what process exactly has the queue open for input?

asudhakar wrote:
Could I Know wat is the table in db2, which maintain the flows infor.. so if i remove the reference problem may solve...

...and create another problem by wrecking the referential integrity of the database!

Do not go messing round in the database. If you search the forum (yes, there's a search facility) you'll find a number of discussions on phantom message flows together with suggested strategies.

But make sure that's your problem first. Don't just "say" that's the problem when it's so easy to determine what's really going on. And certainly don't just dive into system managed components and delete things in case it helps!
asudhakar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Centurion

Vitor wrote:
asudhakar wrote:

How? If that was the case the process id would be the the dataflow engine. And "Solaris" is not a single executable; what process exactly has the queue open for input?

asudhakar wrote:

...and create another problem by wrecking the referential integrity of the database!

Do not go messing round in the database. If you search the forum (yes, there's a search facility) you'll find a number of discussions on phantom message flows together with suggested strategies.

But make sure that's your problem first. Don't just "say" that's the problem when it's so easy to determine what's really going on. And certainly don't just dive into system managed components and delete things in case it helps!

Hi,,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Dont mind. Once again im describing the scenario.

Flow in ex-group is not running. but when i put message into queue, the message is processing.
When i start the flow, message is processing by original flow and previous flow(which have same name, but its not displaying in exgroup when i give mqsilist <bk> -e <eg>). Based on the logs i identified this.
By the queue status im trying to find the process names and root cause...
If you have any solution kindly let me know
Thank you..
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Flow is not running. But msg processing Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

asudhakar wrote:
By the queue status im trying to find the process names and root cause...

Not the queue status - the process ids that have the queue open for input. If you're right, and it's likely, then it will be the process id of a dataflow engine process. If however you've done this and (as you've indicated in a previous post) it's actually the id of a Solaris process then you don't have the problem you think you have.

asudhakar wrote:
If you have any solution kindly let me know

If you have the problem you think you have then there has been much discussion on the forum. If not, then you need to think again.
jbanoop
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Is the execution group you ran the mqsilist on the same one (pid) that has the queue open ?

you can try doing an mqsireload on the EG having the issue. This effectively restarts that execution group and might clear up your issue.
asudhakar
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi 2 All,

Thanks to everyone, Issue is resolved. Stop the ghost flows which are running in the broker.
jbanoop
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

what were the steps you followed to achieve that ?
asudhakar
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

jbanoop wrote:
what were the steps you followed to achieve that ?

Hi,

Find the below steps to remove a ghost message from broker

1. Get broker, exgroup and flow id's.
2. <Broker label="JUNEBRK" uuid="083a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb" version="1"><Change><ExecutionGroup label="default" uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"/></Change><ExecutionGroup uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"><Delete><MessageFlow uuid="572f0ffa-2101-0000-0080-9c7b2948197b"/></Delete></ExecutionGroup></Broker>

Update above msg with proper ids.
Have to set message format as MQSTR, ReplyToQ and ReplyToQMGr.
3. Then put msg in SYSTEM.BROKER.ADMIN.QUEUE

Then flow will delete from ex-group.

Thank you,
Sudha
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Do not do any such thing outside of the assistance of Message Broker Support.

It's easier to create a new EG that has the correct flows deployed and then delete the old EG.
asudhakar
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

mqjeff wrote:

It's easier to create a new EG that has the correct flows deployed and then delete the old EG.

Its easier to create EG and deployment. But if flows are in UAT/Production, we are not suppose to create EG, flows etc.. we have to try to solve the issue...
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

asudhakar wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

Its easier to create EG and deployment. But if flows are in UAT/Production, we are not suppose to create EG, flows etc.. we have to try to solve the issue...

And if you're doing this in a sensitive environment like prod, you should certainly have the Support Team on side!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Flow is not running. But msg processing
Jump to: