ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Newbie needs help... -15 error code

Newbie needs help... -15 error code « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dtb305
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Newbie needs help... -15 error code Reply with quote

Hi, been working on MQ for a little bit, now its my turn to take over things after our consultant left.

I am in charge of an existing process that is known to work. Recently we had to shut down and restart a server. ever since then, I am getting an
-15 error code when our mq process tries to make a directory. this process worked before, so I know the process is good.

I don't see anything in the log file indicating anything other than "Invalid path"-- but the path exists when I check it in unix.

Our MQ processes are run by user 'mquser'. When I log directly into the unix box and try to manually create a directory as mquser, it works fine-- it is only during the automated workflow that I get a -15 error.

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie needs help... -15 error code Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dtb305 wrote:
I am getting an -15 error code when our mq process tries to make a directory. this process worked before, so I know the process is good.

It's clearly an OS code. Ask your sys admin what changed on the box between the process working and not working. Specifically any settings the reboot could have changed.
dtb305
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Not creating directories from a bundle Reply with quote

I did more investigating and noticed that a directory is being created in a block in the main workflow successfully. However, directories are not being created by any of the sub processes created in a bundle. The bundles are being created, so I am fairly certain that the bundle queue is running okay.
jmac
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

none of your terminology is familiar to me. Which engine are you using MQWF or BPC? What do you mean directory? What is the exact error message you are seeing, and what log file are you seeing this error message in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtb305
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry. I am using MQWF. We have a WF process that creates directories in UNIX folders. The error message I am seeing is in the MQWF log file for the queue. It is -15 which I found to be an invalid path. It is within a subprocess from the main Workflow that the problem appears.
jmac
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

MQWF has no published negative return codes. So I am still in the dark as to what your error is. Please post the entire message. I suspect your issue is not with MQWF.

Is there anything about your error in fmcsys.log or fmcerr.log?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtb305
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your help and I apologize for not being more familiar with the MQ environment. This is the error message in the log file:

<WFMessage>
<WfMessageHeader>
<ResponseRequired>No</ResponseRequired>
</WfMessageHeader>
<ActivityImplInvokeResponse>
<ActImplCorrelID>RUEAAAABCZ/AgwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAEJncAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABQQAAAAEJoABeAAAAAAAAAABF</ActImplCorrelID>
<ProgramRC>-15</ProgramRC>
<ProgramOutputData>
<PRJ_ProgramOut>
<ReturnCode>-15</ReturnCode>
<LstFile>Invalid path</LstFile>
</PRJ_ProgramOut>
</ProgramOutputData>
</ActivityImplInvokeResponse>
</WfMessage>

There is no error message in the fmcsys.log related to this workflow.
jmac
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

OK... this is your APPLICATION, not MQWF issuing the -15.

What you are showing me is the Reply message that was built by the UPES program that processed the failing activity. You need to figure out which program is issuing this reply. You might be able to find this program by seaching for workitems in the IN ERROR state. If that does not point you to the failing program I would look for UPES activities that have the Data Structure PRJ_ProgramOut as their output container. Once you find this program, you should be able to figure out why it is setting this return code,

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Newbie needs help... -15 error code
Jump to: