ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » MCA with Security Exit

MCA with Security Exit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: MCA with Security Exit Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

I am not sure whether the following scenario invoke MCA authentication,

Remote client has Websphere MQ client software installed.
MQ server is currently with V6.0 or v.70 later.
Remote client establish connection with the MQ server through the server-connection channel.
Server side security exit is installed (with BlockIP2) at the MQ server and been configured to be activated whenever server-connection is established.

I am aware that if the channel connection invoke remote Qmgr and local Qmgr, there should be client and server security exits, but the current situiation is the remote client has no Qmgr setup and only use MQ API established connection with the Qmgr through the server-connection channel.

Your explaination is highly appreciated.

Thanks
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MCA with Security Exit Reply with quote

Centurion

samsam007 wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure whether the following scenario invoke MCA authentication,

Remote client has Websphere MQ client software installed.
MQ server is currently with V6.0 or v.70 later.
Remote client establish connection with the MQ server through the server-connection channel.
Server side security exit is installed (with BlockIP2) at the MQ server and been configured to be activated whenever server-connection is established.

I am aware that if the channel connection invoke remote Qmgr and local Qmgr, there should be client and server security exits, but the current situiation is the remote client has no Qmgr setup and only use MQ API established connection with the Qmgr through the server-connection channel.

Your explaination is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Basically, I want to know if MCA is not invoked from the Remote client application because there is no Qmgr and channel exit at the client end, how does and what machanimsin used for the channel security authentication between remote client application and MQ server over the server connection channel?

Thanks
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

You should read both the WMQ Intercommunication and WMQ Security manual.

The client-side does use a channel (CLNTCONN), does support client-side security exits, does have a client-side channel agent, etc...

Also, there is no such thing as "MCA authentication".

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

RogerLacroix wrote:
Hi,

The client-side does use a channel (CLNTCONN), does support client-side security exits, does have a client-side channel agent, etc...

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

I actually don't have a client side security exit, only use BlockIP2 to authenticate user-id that sent from the client. The client program is written in Java, with Enviornment.userid populated.
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

RogerLacroix wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Do you meant the CLNTCONN and client-side security exit is *automatically* generated and executed even if I am running only server side security exit on the server-connection channel?

Sory I have read few times the WMQ intercommunication manual as well as the security manual. But they all talk about clietn and server side security exits. I Still can't get a picture of how does a server side only security exit works with a remote client without Qmgr installed.

Thanks
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

RogerLacroix wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

After read through the security exit manual, I learn that Message Exits happen on the SVRCONN channel.

Can you tell me in which pages does the document explained about implementing only a server-side security exit to authenticate with a remote client user-id without creating a client-side security exit? I remembered I read a document mentioned that, but can't remember which document was. It is not from one of those *well-known* IBM manuals.

Thanks
samsam007
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

samsam007 wrote:
RogerLacroix wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

After read through the security exit manual, I learn that Message Exits happen on the SVRCONN channel.

Can you tell me in which pages does the document explained about implementing only a server-side security exit to authenticate with a remote client user-id without creating a client-side security exit? I remembered I read a document mentioned that, but can't remember which document was. It is not from one of those *well-known* IBM manuals.

Thanks

I remembered it said that there is can be only server-side security exit, in this case, the user-id from the remote client is in the macuser field, which is defined by Enviornment.userid in java for example.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

samsam007 wrote:
I remembered it said that there is can be only server-side security exit, in this case, the user-id from the remote client is in the macuser field, which is defined by Enviornment.userid in java for example.

Security exits can run on both the client-side and server-side of client channels. Obviously the code is different on each side. Generally they negotiate using encrypted security messages (eg. to send and authenticate credentials like userid and password)

Without a client-side security exit you cannot trust *anything* that MQ provides to the server-side security exit because the MQ client protocol can be easily spoofed by an attacker.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » MCA with Security Exit
Jump to: