ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » Some basic security exits available somewhere?

Some basic security exits available somewhere? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RaoulDuke
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Some basic security exits available somewhere? Reply with quote

I'd like to have a simple security exit for a server connection channel. I just want to make sure that only users from localhost can use the server connection channel, so not everybody from everywhere can change the configuration of the mq server.

Is there no such thing supplied from IBM by default? What do they think, how do I secure my server? I talked to the IBM support, and they told me that I would have to write my own security exit.

Somebody else must have had this problem before?
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Some basic security exits available somewhere? Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,
RaoulDuke wrote:
What do they think, how do I secure my server? I talked to the IBM support, and they told me that I would have to write my own security exit.

Capitalware has 2 MQ security solutions that you might be interested in:
- MQ Standard Security Exit
- MQ Authenticate User Security Exit

I would be happy to answer any questions you have here or via email "support AT capitalware DOT biz".

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Quote:
What do they think, how do I secure my server?

As intalled, WMQ is wide open - no security. This is documented quite well in the WMQ Security manual; and has been discussed here many, many times.

The WMQ Security manual is a good place to start learning how to secure your WMQ environment.

IBM offers a 3-day, hands-on course on basic system administration for midrange (course code: WM151 Windows, WM152 AIX, and WM155 SUN), that covers security basics. IBM also offers a 2-day, hands-on WMQ Secuity course (course code MQ7A1). Visit www.ibm.com/training and enter the course code.

[Edit] IBM offers a 4-day, hands-on WMQ System Admin for z/OS course code is MQ201.
David.Partridge
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You can also look at BlockIP2 which is freeware.

<http://www.mrmq.dk/index.htm?BlockIP2.htm>

Typically you'll combine this with use of SSL (or other third party solutions in this space like Primeur Data Secure for WebSphere MQ - aka DSMQ).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » Some basic security exits available somewhere?
Jump to: