ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » BMC Reporting unknown MQSI Queues

BMC Reporting unknown MQSI Queues « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
neilgc
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: BMC Reporting unknown MQSI Queues Reply with quote

Novice

Firstly I'd like to say thank you to the people who've managed to answer previous questions I've submitted.

The problem I'm now having is that we have MQSeries 5.2 installed in a production environment, and have recently been given the funds to setup a new Staging/Development environment. Unfortunately due to the cost of MQSI we've had to combine our Staging, and Development Hubs (far from ideal but hey at least we have a staging environment that pretty much mirrors production in every other respect!)

Unfortunately BMC Patrol (our monitoring solution) is now reporting that the following Queues are unknown on Staging/Development but is not reporting them in production (I'm assuming because we only have a single broker on each Production server, but two on the Staging/Development servers) The Queues in question are :

SYSTEM.BROKER.INTER.BROKER.COMMUNICATIONS

Obviously I can just create a queue with this name but I'd prefer to know why MQSI is trying to access a queue that it has neglected to create itself.

Could this be due to the fact that MQSI has seen 2 brokers on the same box and is trying to bridge them?
jhalstead
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

You're not alone, we are also experiencing this problem. Unfortunately I haven't worked out why yet...
vmcgloin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

It won't do any harm to define this queue. As you say it is related to interbroker communication (a hang over from base MQ pub/sub possibly since I think you need it defined for that) We have MQSI v202, and have defined this queue to avoid patrol errors when the brokers are restarted.

Regards,
Vicky
neilgc
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the responses, the interesting thing is that this is a totally fresh install, we're yet to send any messages through them and certainly haven't tried any Publish subscribe apps on them. I'll attempt to log the problem with IBM to see if they've got anything to add, if I get any feedback I'll drop it in here.
rkellogg
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: SYSTEM.BROKER.INTER.BROKER.COMMUNICATIONS Reply with quote

The SYSTEM.BROKER.INTER.BROKER.COMMUNICATIONS queue is used by IBM when you use base MQ pub/sub to communicate with the QMgr associated with a broker. BMC does this by subscribing to events that the broker is generating. We have spoken with IBM about this and they have a request to auto create the queue, but their work around was to just create the queue with the standard defaults.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » BMC Reporting unknown MQSI Queues
Jump to: