ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » BlockIP2 on Solaris SPARC (64bit) error

BlockIP2 on Solaris SPARC (64bit) error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MrSmith
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: BlockIP2 on Solaris SPARC (64bit) error Reply with quote

Master

Have compiled the c file on solaris SPARC running V10 using the gcc compiler and as stated in the manual from MrMQ.dk

MQ is
Version: 6.0.1.0
CMVC level: p600-100-051021

When using an app like rfhutil for instance trying to connect to QM via system.admin.svrconn or any other svrconn channel for that matter get MQRC code 4083 - CHAD exit error.

There is nothing in the AMQ logs nor any log for the BlockIP2 exit as is configurable via the BlockIP so where to look next.

my channel is set:
Code:

alt chl(SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN) chltype(SVRCONN) SCYDATA('FN=/var/mqm/exits64/OAMTEST;-d0;') scyexit('BlockIP2(BlockExit)')

My OAMTEST config file is set:

Code:
#AllowBlankUserID=Y;
#BlockMqmUsers=Y;
#BlockUsers=<generic_user_list>;
LogExt=log;
LogFileName=OAMTEST;
LogFormat=N;
LogPath=/var/mqm/exits64/;
LogCount=99;
LogSize=500;

#Patterns=10.1.*,172.20.31.*,127.0.?.1;
#Userids=xxx,yyy,zzz*,etc,mrmq,root,us???mq;

#
# 1. stop all connection attempts from mqm (NoBody is an undefined or blocked userid).
#CON=*;mqm;MCA=NoBody;
#
# Set everbody that comes in from anywhere to appsupp group profile (Citco)
CON=*;*;MCA=testuser;
#

As you can see basically it should allow any connection from any user and change the user to testuser to connect.

This setup works OK on Windows so any ideas where to look for any other reasons why the exit failed would be appreciated as my solaris knowledge is passable. Thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You are running with MQ V6x. Did you compile a 32 bit version AND a 64 bit version of the exit?

Enjoy
MrSmith
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

fjb - thanks for reply

The BlockIP2 was compiled with 64 bit only and i chose the gcc compiler over cc because ..... no specific reason but i like open source. We do not have a 32 bit version of OS / compiler to try and i am not Solaris proficient enough to go playing I just followed the manual like all good rookies should.

I have now got it running and copiled OK albeit with some log entries that do not make sense, but that is naother issue.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MrSmith wrote:
fjb - thanks for reply

The BlockIP2 was compiled with 64 bit only and i chose the gcc compiler over cc because ..... no specific reason but i like open source. We do not have a 32 bit version of OS / compiler to try and i am not Solaris proficient enough to go playing I just followed the manual like all good rookies should.

I have now got it running and copiled OK albeit with some log entries that do not make sense, but that is naother issue.

You don't need a 32 bit version of the OS/ compiler. You just need to compile twice:
a) using 64 bit libraries
b) using 32 bit libraries

Enjoy
SAFraser
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I know I've seen this advice before, to compile with both sets of libraries, but I don't exactly understand why...? You then have two executables, right? Do you put one in /exits and one in /exits64? What good is that, though, if the channel definitions all point to /exits64?

Signed,
Exit Confusion
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SAFraser wrote:
I know I've seen this advice before, to compile with both sets of libraries, but I don't exactly understand why...? You then have two executables, right? Do you put one in /exits and one in /exits64? What good is that, though, if the channel definitions all point to /exits64?

Signed,
Exit Confusion

The queue manager won't acknowledge the exit and load it if it has not both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version. And yes you have 2 files each in its own exit directory...

The reason there is that you cannot know beforehand whether the application attaching is running in 64 or 32 bit mode and as such to start and load the exit the qmgr will require both.

Enjoy
SAFraser
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Through ignorance and apparent dumb luck, I've got a BlockIP2 exit running successfully with only one copy of the executable, compiled with the 64-bit library, in /exits64.

Am I just asking for trouble, having only the one?
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,
fjb_saper wrote:
You don't need a 32 bit version of the OS/ compiler. You just need to compile twice:
a) using 64 bit libraries
b) using 32 bit libraries

I think someone partied way to hard this weekend.

For the server-side security exit, you only need to compile & link the exit for what the queue manager (MCA to be exact) is running under.

E.g.
- If your queue manager is running under 32-bit then you need a 32-bit server-side security exit.

- If your queue manager is running under 64-bit then you need a 64-bit server-side security exit.

Now, if you are talking about client-side security exit then you may very well need both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the client-side security exit. This is because the client-side security exit must match how the client-side application is compiled & linked.

Hope that clears it up.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Thanks for setting my befuddled head straight Roger...
MrSmith
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Roger

Thank you also that was my understanding of exits for both server side and client side also, albeit limited understanding.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » BlockIP2 on Solaris SPARC (64bit) error
Jump to: