ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Filtering worklist on container value

Filtering worklist on container value « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Pats21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Filtering worklist on container value Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi All,

I need to create a worklist by filtering upon the element of the container value. I guess this is NOT possible.

Is there any way other than writting a code?

I was going through a few topics here and found that one of the way to do it is by involving the container value in the description and then filtering your worklist on the description.
However, I do not have the priviledge of doing so, as my description does not contain the value on which I want to filter and also I cant change the description as it is the Production environment and also I want to filter on the existing process instances. Even if i was able to change the description it will only come into effect for the new instaces created and not on the old one.

Can anyone help me on this.

I have MQWF v3.6 on Solaris.

Thanks,
Pats
jmac
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

You should avoid the use of container items when processing a list. You are going to add extra overhead for each access of the container.

The trick to use would be to put the container item in the Description field then use that field for your sorting. This trick does not incur the additional overhead you would get by direct container access.

As I see you can not do this, I guess you do not have a choice. BUT I would highly recommend a redesign as this is going to be a performance issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pats21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi John..

thanks for the reply ...

but can you please let me know what is the exact use of 'Global Container'. Can we use this of solve my problem ?

Pats ...
jmac
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Global Container can be used to hold data accessible through out the entire process. There are restrictions on the definition, I.E. must be flat, no nesting no arrays. It can be used in queries, so this might help you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Filtering worklist on container value
Jump to: