ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Forcing a transaction to the Failed Event Manager

Forcing a transaction to the Failed Event Manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rcrippen
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Forcing a transaction to the Failed Event Manager Reply with quote

Apprentice

I'm working on a project in WPS V6.02 that invokes a java impl process inserting into an oracle db. When the db is not available, my client needs the transaction held and resent once the db comes back up. I am catching the SQLException and sending an acknowledgement back to the original sender. What I need to do is somehow "force" the BO to be sent to the Failed Event Manager for future 'reprocessing'.
Could someone give me some guidance on where to look for examples or a description of how I might handle this?

Thanks,
Rob
JLRowe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Failed events are when you try to invoke a component asynchronously using SCA and the endpoint isn't available for some reson. Raising an application exception on the asynchronous component will just return the exception back to the caller. If the interface is one way, then it may go onto the failed events, you would have to experiment to find out.

I would implement my own system for failed events at the application level, jsut write the message to a retention queue if it cannot be processed. Your component can pull the messages off the retention queue when the database is back up.
rcrippen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

JLRowe,
Thanks for the feedback/response. That solution is what I also came up with and am implementing.
Thanks,
Rob
mq2wps
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Failed Events processing Reply with quote

Novice

I too have a similar requirement in case of any Runtime exceptions(SRE) are concerned.I tried reverting the messages onto failed event manager of WPS in case of SRE's with little luck.It is very inconsistent and I even tried my luck on IBM in making the Session API public(Every BO getting processed in WPS a SessionID would get associated with it ,which is unique and can be used to track the BO for auditable purposes).Right now it is Private.

Since sending the failed events to Failed Event manager is not consistent we are on implementing a custom solution of capturing the failed events onto a standalone queue.

Can I get some pointers on what would be a better way of accomplishing this.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Forcing a transaction to the Failed Event Manager
Jump to: