ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Problems with CSQ1LOGP and CSQ4LOGS

Problems with CSQ1LOGP and CSQ4LOGS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Safe
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Problems with CSQ1LOGP and CSQ4LOGS Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to replay some messages wich pass a production Qmanager on our mainframe on another test Qmanager as part of an automated testscenario. The log print utility seemed to be a nice tool to do so, but I'm running into several problems:

CSQ1LOGP

1) I try to use the DATA(..) selection criterium to select the messages I want to replay, but nothing seems to be found.... even when I state DATA(C5) to simply look for an E, of which are plenty available in the data, hardly any records are returned in the extract dataset. After some experimenting with the DATA criterium it looks like this criterium is only applied in a non message data part of the log (character nr 41 in the extract dataset?!).
To cut some grass before your feet (dutch expression); the data is EBCDIC, tried several formats for the DATA(..) (between quotes, x before etc), are not accepted by the program.

2) When I use all the DD statements CSQBACK, CSQCMIT etc. to separate the the data according to it's state, all datasets remain empty except the dataset allocated by the CSQBOTH DD statement. Me think this is logically not possible

The JCL:

//MYNAMEP JOB (ACCT#),
// 'CSQPLOG',
// CLASS=A,
// MSGLEVEL=(1,1),
// MSGCLASS=X,
// NOTIFY=&SYSUID
//PRMQLOG EXEC PGM=CSQ1LOGP
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=MQM.SCSQANLE
// DD DISP=SHR,DSN=MQM.SCSQLOAD
//ARCHIVE DD DSN= MYQM.ARCHLOG1.E06150.T1402255.A0000111,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSSUMRY DD SYSOUT=*
//CSQBACK DD DSN=MYNAME.CSQBACK9.SEQFDATA,DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//CSQCMIT DD DSN=MYNAME.CSQCMIT9.SEQFDATA,DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//CSQBOTH DD DSN=MYNAME.CSQBOTH9.SEQFDATA,DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//CSQINFLT DD DSN=MYNAME.CSQINFL9.SEQFDATA,DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//CSQOBJS DD DSN=MYNAME.CSQOBJS9.SEQFDATA,DISP=(NEW,CATLG)
//SYSIN DD *
DATA(C5)
SUMMARY(ONLY)
EXTRACT(YES)
/*

CSQ4LOGS:

When I replay the extract log dataset, all the MQPUT1 calls fail with RC2085 (object not found). The extract dataset clearly states the target queue name, but the sysprint of the CSQ4LOGS displays: 'Queue= ' and is not found.
I even did a logswitch, put one message on a queue, did another logswitch, made an extract dataset of the created ARCH log dataset and replayed it , same result (2085)...

I'getting quite frustrated here ..., help is much appreciated
kevinf2349
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Check out support pack MO12. It will allow this I think.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg24006548&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en
Safe
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This support pack has been merged into WMQv6, which I'm using (and I forgot to mention ), so that won't help I'm affraid.
dutchman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: CSQ Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi - did you solve this? I am giving a presentation on these utilities and would value your input.

Regards ... R

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Problems with CSQ1LOGP and CSQ4LOGS
Jump to: