ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Internacionalization in Collaboration Text Messages

Internacionalization in Collaboration Text Messages « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fponcet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Internacionalization in Collaboration Text Messages Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

I am developing with ICS 4.2.2 in Windows XP (Spanish). The collaboration template "ReservePort" saved a file with the messages named ReservePort_es.txt which the ICS server is not able to find (instead it looks for ReservePort.txt):

Error 1020 Message key 1020 :: C:\\IBM\\WebSphereICS\\collaborations\\messages\\ReservePort.txt does not contain the text for this message. Error1020. Error1020. Error1020]

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hey there,

First thing to check is that the configuration for your connector also contains the _es suffix.

If it does, then make sure that the configuration is saved to the project, but also to a cfg file. Once you have this file, make sure the agent references it by using the -c<cfgfile> command in the command line when the agent starts.

Hope that gets you sorted.
Dan.
fponcet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you for your answer but there are some things that I do not understand yet:

1) Why the connector configuration? I mean, if the collaboration gets executed in the ICS server, shouldn't the log message be independent of the connector?

2) When you speak about the _es suffix... are you speaking about the connector configuration file name? or is it one of the properties? I realized that there is a property "Locale" which is set to "en_US". Is it related?

3) I would like the file to be saved as ReservePort.txt (without the country suffix). There are many developers in the organization and each one has his own Windows configured with his own language. I would like that all the code / files deployed would be the same regardless of the developer's configuration. Do you know whether it is possible?

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards,

Felipe
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Forgive me, I completely misread your question. I thought you were talking about the connector erroring and not being able to find a specific message file.

I would say that saving it our to ReportPort_es.txt is intended behaviour because you're on a Windows machine set to Spanish. Change the ICS server locale to be "es" and try again.

Ideally the locale settings would be all in one place if this is the case, but hey, with ICS, it doesn't surprise me. Why pick up the OS locale for one thing, and your configuration for another?

Quote:
3) I would like the file to be saved as ReservePort.txt (without the country suffix). There are many developers in the organization and each one has his own Windows configured with his own language. I would like that all the code / files deployed would be the same regardless of the developer's configuration. Do you know whether it is possible?

I'd assume that ReservePort.txt is locale specific, just as ReservePort_es.txt is locale specific. The default is american english, and the default contains no suffix (ReportPort.txt rather than ReportPort_en.txt).

If the locale is being picked up from Windows, then you've probably no choice but to copy and paste your message file, and rename the copy to ReportPort_<language>.txt for each platform with a different default language.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Internacionalization in Collaboration Text Messages
Jump to: