ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Messages are getting backed out

Messages are getting backed out « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
devineni25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Messages are getting backed out Reply with quote

I am facing 2 problems with CICS and MQ series

1) 1st problem, When I get an message from the queue. Based on conditions, if it is true, write to Adabas file. If it is not true, then it is going to write to error file. After writting to error file, again it is backing out the message. Once the message has get from the queue, it should never back out. If there is problem also, it should never back out. If it is back out, unnecessarily it is reading the same message. Why it is reading the same message is because, we used the loop to read the message until end of queue.

2) 2nd problem, once the message has errored out in the program also, it should never get back out the message.

** When I read message from the queueu using MQGET, It should never back out the message. Once it is read and it should go and read the next message.

Please advise to avoid this problem.

Last edited by devineni25 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mqmhr
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

You can use the option MQGMO_MARK_SKIP_BACKOUT to avoid the first problem.
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:
"it is backing out the message"

who or what is "it"?

if you do not want backout / commit handling then work without syncpoint, but you may lose data in that case (e.g. error before writing to adabas or file).

if you want to work with syncpoint handling there is a backout that you do not want, then you should try to get rid of the backout. so what is causing the backout that you do not want?

to avoid a loop with backout messages you can also check the backoutcounter after getting a message, this will show you if the message has been backed out before and you can do the proper actions in your application program.
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:
Thanks for your reply on the message. Can you please suggest how to avoid back out of messages to the queue.

What is happening is that ? I read a message from the queue, for some messages based on the content of the message, I am writting into Adabas error file after writing into error file again it is backing out the message. "I donot want to back out the message. Just writte to error file and read the next message from the queue".

Can you please provide a sample code?

there is no need to continue this thread using private messages, thats why i posted the private message here to continue the thread.

again, my question is: who or what is "it"? if your message is backed out then there is an error or your program does the backout. because you said it is an unwanted backout i assume it is not within your program but its an error that occurs. what error is that? WHAT IS BACKING OUT THE MESSAGE?
we can not help if you dont give us information.

you may also want to read about syncpoint / no syncpoint processing in the application programmers guide and application programmers reference. there are enough samples around that show how to work with these options, check the samples that come with mq.
dinotechie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Skip backout is bit tricky as it needs two units of work to roll back and it appears you are writing to a VSAM file that is committed irrespective of the syncpoint.

I believe best alternative is to get the message under syncpoint, if there is an error write to the log and if logging is sucessfull then committ otherwsie rollback.

Cheers

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Messages are getting backed out
Jump to: