ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Doubts in ICS

Doubts in ICS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
greatmind
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Doubts in ICS Reply with quote

Hi All,

Am new to ICS and MQseries.

I have a couple of questions.

Tell me what is the difference between MQ and JMS.
(All i know is MQ is a communication medium which uses JMS.Please correct me if my understanding is wrong)

What is the difference between Wrapper BO and Hierarchical BO . What is the need for Wrapper BO.Where do we use them.

What is clustering??

If the data coming in is wrong format..in which case it will go to failed flow and in which case it goes to error queue.(provided my connector has Transport Type--> MQ and Error Queue defined in it).

Appreciate your help in clearing my doubts.

Thanks.
kotha
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Looks like interview questions.
Quote:
(All i know is MQ is a communication medium which uses JMS.Please correct me if my understanding is wrong)

NO. these two are different and both used in message transportation.
hopsala
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Doubts in ICS Reply with quote

Guardian

greatmind wrote:
Am new to ICS and MQseries.

My condolences

greatmind wrote:

Deja vu - Terminology Clarifications

greatmind wrote:
What is clustering??

Well, if you mean MQ clusters - then it's a way to create automatic workload balancing/failover with MQSeries + (theoretically) ease administrative tasks. If you mean hardware clusters (albeit this is the wrong forum to ask this q) then, to simplify, it's a way to failover hard drives. If you mean MSCS clustering and similar products, well... it's too long to explain in one sitting.
The two are commonly combined for a complete failover solution.
urs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Doubts in ICS Reply with quote

Acolyte

MQ: Message-Queueing and JMS: Java Messaging Service
MQ and JMS are the two different types of Delivery Transport means in a connector confirgurator specifically in Standard properties of a connector.
The third type is IDL.

Regarding Clustering, I agree to hopsala.

- urs
hopsala
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Doubts in ICS Reply with quote

Guardian

Urs, whatever it is you're trying to gain by producting these superfluous posts (1, 2, 3 and this one) stop it and stop it now before we really get annoyed
In all these threads but one, more than a month has passed since the last post, and in all the original poster received a satisfactory answer and has moved on to greener pastures; in many of these you even repeated what was already said, so you're just messing things up, not helping anyone.
De facto, this is what the people call "spamming"; I'll be nice and say that you may mean well, and we all appreciate the effort, just please direct that effort to a positive direction. In short, don't add to threads dead and buried, unless you have something new to say, and remember that most people post, get an answer, and never log in again. In shortEr, always look at the bloomin' dates.

Oh, and don't answer to this post. That, see, would also be spamming.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Doubts in ICS
Jump to: