ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Invoking the ICS collaboration from external applications

Invoking the ICS collaboration from external applications « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Thripura Sundari
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Invoking the ICS collaboration from external applications Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi all,
I have exposed my collaboration as a web service. It is listening at some port for soap requests, and I have the wsdl for it. Till now, I have been using XMLSpy to send the request and get teh response, but I want a .NET application to do this. The .NET application should be able to send soap requests to and get the response from the ICS Collaboration.
I gave the WSDL to the .NET application, it created some proxy classes but in .NET, the exposed web service has to be added as a project reference, which we are not able to do with the ICS webservice.
If some one has implemented this, can some one guide me about how this can be done.
Regards,
Thripura Sundari
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I'm not sure I understand the problem?

.Net wraps all the soap and web service calls into wrappers, and exposes them via a proxy class, which is then added as a project reference.

If you create a class and call a method on this proxy class object, the .Net framework will call the web service method for you.

It makes dealing with Web Services easier in that it in wrapping the functionality up, it exposes the web services as a normal class, fitting in with OO programming.
Thripura Sundari
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,
I checked your response only today. Sorry for that.
Yes, you are right. The solution to this is to create a Servlet which calls the Server Access Interfaces. These server access interfaces will convert the SOAP/HTTP Request in the servlet into BO using the Data Handler, and finally execute the collaboration.
Correct me if I am wrong.
If any one has better suggestions, please let us know.
Regards,
Thripura Sundari. V.
recallsunny
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I couldn't help overhearing your conversations about SAI...

The last I had heard was, IBM will not be continuing its support for Server Access framework and its future direction was towards replacing SAI with HTTP connector based solutions. We've converted some of our existing solutions to use HTTP connector by replacing the SAI calls taking into consideration this above factor.

May you can wait for a little longer and implement your solutions with A Process Server based architecture...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Invoking the ICS collaboration from external applications
Jump to: