ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Exception Handling in JDBC Adapters

Exception Handling in JDBC Adapters « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Exception Handling in JDBC Adapters Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi,

I am looking for some ways to monitor the status of events in the Archive Table? Is there any tool or mechanism for providing a norification when an event is archived with a status other than 1? How do we re-process the failed events?

Errors during Request Processing will be sent to the fault queue and we have tools for monitoring queues. But I am curious to know if there are any means to monitor errors which occur during Event Notification?

Thanks in advance,
VK.
Ratan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
am looking for some ways to monitor the status of events in the Archive Table? Is there any tool or mechanism for providing a norification when an event is archived with a status other than 1? How do we re-process the failed events?

If anything is being written to Archive table, then from the connector-specific components point of view that event was succesfull. So I am not sure what you are trying to do here.
recallsunny
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Ratan:
Quote:
"when an event is archived with a status other than 1"

An unsubcribed event could end up with a event status 2 or so. If the main objective as I understand is to monitor the archive table, I would use an "After Insert " trigger invoking a java procedure (if you use Oracle 9i).
Ratan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I was thinking of a Mq Connector and thought if event was not subscribed for it would be in Unsub Q. It is not the case with JDBC Connector.
RocknRambo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

dragging the same question..

we have WBIA and MB as integration broker. what would be best way to monitor the adapter (whether it is up & running).

currently we are monitor the open input count on the request queue. Is they any better way to monitor ??

-RR
vk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

If the adapter is running on Unix, then connecor_manager can be used with -stat option for checking its status.

connector_manager -stat <ConnName>

will say whether the connector is running or not. I am looking for ways to monitor the adapter during event notification.

Regards,
VK.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Exception Handling in JDBC Adapters
Jump to: