ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Unable to start the JDBC Adapter

Unable to start the JDBC Adapter « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqs_guy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Unable to start the JDBC Adapter Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

'Am in a process of configuring the JDBC adapter and have generated the the business object using the Business Object Designer.
The next step is configuring the connector and have filled up the required standard and adapter specific properties.
Now when i start the start the adapter using the command:
C:\IBM\WebSphereAdapters\connectors\JDBC\start_JDBC.bat JDBC IRISBRK -cOradevconnector.cfg

It throws the following error:

[Time: 2005/09/22 16:57:09.768] [System: ConnectorAgent] [SS: JDBCConnector] [Th
read: wbia_main (#435289458)] [Type: Error] [MsgID: 36007] [Mesg: Message key 36
007 :: C:\\IBM\\WebSphereAdapters\\connectors\\messages\\CwConnectorAgentMessage
s.txt does not contain the text for this message.]
[Time: 2005/09/22 16:57:09.768] [System: ConnectorAgent] [SS: JDBCConnector] [Th
read: wbia_main (#435289458)] [Type: Error] [MsgID: 90006] [Mesg: Message key 90
006 :: C:\\IBM\\WebSphereAdapters\\connectors\\messages\\CwConnectorAgentMessage
s.txt does not contain the text for this message.]
read: wbia_main (#435289458)] [Type: Fatal Error] [MsgID: 17050] [Mesg: The call
to method init() in the application connector failed.]
read: wbia_main (#435289458)] [Type: Fatal Error] [MsgID: 17518] [Mesg: Exhauste
d the configured number of 3 restart retries for serial connector agent JDBCConn
ector. Shutting down.]

Can someone please guide me.. where 'am i going wrong?
Awating your inputs.

Thanks,
Vishal
Ratan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Copy the messages from JDBCConnector.txt to cwConnectorAgentMessages.txt and restart your adapter. This will tell you what the exact error is.

Or

Set the messageFileName property of your connector standard properties to JDBCConnector.txt
mqs_guy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks Ratan.

I set the messageFileName property to JDBCConnector.txt and restarted the adapter..still would get the same message.

Was wondering if JDBCConnector.txt comes bundled with JBDC adapter..When i searched for it, it was under C:\IBM\WebsphereAdapters\messages folder

Thanks,
Vishal
hopsala
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

mqs_guy wrote:
still would get the same message.

Then you're either using the wrong file, not saving and redeploying your adapter, or setting up the parameter wrongly; Search the entire C:\IBM\WebsphereAdapters\ directory for a file with the content "36007", that's probably the file you're looking for.
(you'll find some .jar files and other, they're irrelevant, view the .txt file you find to make sure it's the right file - these files are readable.)
Ratan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Was wondering if JDBCConnector.txt comes bundled with JBDC adapter..When i searched for it, it was under C:\IBM\WebsphereAdapters\messages folder

That is where it should be.

If it doesnot work try copying the message from JDBCConnector.txt to cwAgentMessages.txt and restart
ashoon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: adapter starting... Reply with quote

Master

I've been having some issues with the adapters not starting as well... found out I had to add the word Connector to the start command after -n%CONNAME% it worked...

so in the last line in the bat file that starts the connector you put -n%CONNAME%Connector and that worked for me...
Ratan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I've been having some issues with the adapters not starting as well... found out I had to add the word Connector to the start command after -n%CONNAME% it worked...

so in the last line in the bat file that starts the connector you put -n%CONNAME%Connector and that worked for me...

This has to do with the version of the connectors. Look in the connector startup script to figure out if you have to add the word connector. Some script append "connector" and do not like you to do it. I think newer versions of the connectors dont append "connector" and you have to do it.
mqs_guy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Guyz,

I have got past that error message and now it complains of tables "xworlds_events" and "xworlds_archive_events" not found in the database.

I ensured that these tables are under my database, but still it would complain abt it.

The database URL seems to be fine..Below is a snippet of the trace file.

[Mesg: :[Type: Warning] [MsgID: 33006] [Mesg: Exiting Initialization of configuration properties] ]
[Mesg: :[Type: Warning] [MsgID: 34012] [Mesg: Entering method fetchConnection.] ]
[Mesg: :[Type: Warning] [MsgID: 36004] [Mesg: Obtained connection.] ]
[Mesg: :[Type: Warning] [MsgID: 39015] [Mesg: Number of DB Connections in Use 1] ]
[Mesg: :[Type: Warning] [MsgID: 34013] [Mesg: Exiting method fetchConnection.] ]

Doesn't it confirm that its able to connect to the database? <Obtained connection>

Below is a snippet of the log file:

[Type: Error] [MsgID: 33022] [Mesg: Event/Archive table xworlds_events does not exist in the database.]
[Type: Error] [MsgID: 33022] [Mesg: Event/Archive table xworlds_archive_events does not exist in the database.]

Thanks,
Vishal
djeripo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

How did you create those tables ?

Did you run the following scripts ;

CREATE TABLE xworlds_events (
event_id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
connector_id VARCHAR(40),
object_key VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,
object_name VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
object_verb VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
event_priority INTEGER NOT NULL,
event_time TIMESTAMP default CURRENT TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
event_status INTEGER NOT NULL,
event_comment VARCHAR(100));

CREATE TABLE xworlds_archive_events (
event_id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
connector_id VARCHAR(40),
object_key VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,
object_name VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
object_verb VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
event_priority INTEGER NOT NULL,
event_time TIMESTAMP default CURRENT TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
archive_time TIMESTAMP default CURRENT TIMESTAMP,
event_status INTEGER NOT NULL,
event_comment VARCHAR(100));
hopsala
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

mqs_guy wrote:
[Type: Error] [MsgID: 33022] [Mesg: Event/Archive table xworlds_events does not exist in the database.]
[Type: Error] [MsgID: 33022] [Mesg: Event/Archive table xworlds_archive_events does not exist in the database.]

My guess is that you created your tables under some schemaname and did not specify it in your properties configuration; Read JDBC Connector Not starting carefully, especially the last few replies, it contains a description and solution of a similar problem.

p.s make sure you created these tables using the scripts, they must be defined *precisely* as in the script, even changing the column order creates problems.
mqs_guy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Guyz,

Thx a ton for your responses.
'Am able to start the JDBC adapter (Set the SchemaName property blank) in the connector properties.

Now after starting the connector, i inserted data to my application table, which in turn calls a trigger and populates the xworlds_events table.
The functionality of adapter is to poll the events tables and process events..right??
I have 2 rows in the events table and the adapter log says "No events to process!!"

'Am puzzled!!

Thanks,
Vishal
RocknRambo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

The two records in the event table.!! -> what is the event_status and does the connector_id is the same of what's running ?

-RR
hopsala
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

mqs_guy wrote:
The functionality of adapter is to poll the events tables and process events..right??

Yes, but not solely - the JDBC adapter can also be used to SELECT, INSERT or do any other normal db operation from a collaboration (or flow, u using WBI or ICS?)

mqs_guy wrote:
I have 2 rows in the events table and the adapter log says "No events to process!!"

1. As RocknRambo said (though slightly incoherently...) check that the value of the property ConnectorID and the value in the column connector_id is the same.
2. make sure that Event_Status of the events you insert is 0.
3. object_verb and object_name MUST be the same as the object and verb subscribed; if no collab subscribed, you'll get a "no events" msg even if there are msgs in table.

Anyway, Post the INSERT command you perform to add an event to xworlds_event. Increase trace levels (as described in the topic I mentioned earlier) and carefully go through the log, reading every line and understanding what happens, maybe you'll find something.

And most importantly, from your question I gather that you are not well acquainted with the JDBC adapter, I suggest you read the manuals at least twice before proceeding; and make sure you understand buisness objects and subscriptions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Unable to start the JDBC Adapter
Jump to: