ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ICS Configuration and mqm group

ICS Configuration and mqm group « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tkane
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: ICS Configuration and mqm group Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,
We've got ICS for a new project and while my group does MQ on hundreds of Unix machines we're trying our hardest to limit the mqm group.
The doc for ICS says that the ICS admin id needs to be in the mqm group. But is that for ICS to create the queue manager and add queues? I have NO familiarity with the product and the application has aggreed that they will use our standard processes and request queues from my group.

At this point I don't know enough about the product to know how they are going to access the queues etc. But I'd really like to be able to have the SA set up a unix group and permit them access to the queue manager and queues via setmqaut like other normal application.
Why does IBM keep doing this????

TIA
Tom
djeripo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

To do administration for ICS it is enough if you are part of mqm group.When I say administration,You need not be root to install ICS/Adapters and therafter to start/stop ICS/adapters.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ICS Configuration and mqm group
Jump to: