ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » WBI Express - ICS / JDBC Adapter / Error SQL0104 [Solved]

WBI Express - ICS / JDBC Adapter / Error SQL0104 [Solved] « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hopsala
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: WBI Express - ICS / JDBC Adapter / Error SQL0104 [Solved] Reply with quote

Guardian

I am trying to set up a JDBC adapter to poll table, and am getting in trace log that "SQL0104, FALSE not a valid Token" this in init() function. I try to connect to a DB2 AS/400.

Have tried everything to solve this, and worked for two days without sleep to get to this error, after wading my way through a great swamp of other malfunctions. I even JADed the java classes, and started going through the adapter code (!!!)
So my q is, What are the primary parameters of the connector configuration to connect to an AS/400 db? What are the exact values for it to work?
(have read the manual many times, still did not succeed)

(Footnote: I have seen many products in my day, and I must say this is one of the worst ones yet. I do not say this in enmity, but in calm computation. Unless persuaded otherwise, will post an elaboration on my experience with it and what WBIe really is. These are matters the public should know.)

Last edited by hopsala on Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
hopsala
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Solved.
It was the RDBMS.InitSession parameter, it was set to "false" instead of an empty string. What happens is that the adapter tries to execute this string as a dynamic sql command.
Had to go into the code to find this (terrible code btw, really bad programming), otherwise trace msgs too ambiguos.

Still working on the adapter to work, when (and if) I am done, I shall post here a complete specification of parameters and known problems, save future generations some work.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » WBI Express - ICS / JDBC Adapter / Error SQL0104 [Solved]
Jump to: